Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SI mini 14 video is excellent

I am a huge Ruger fan for many reasons. I am a huge SI training fan and customer for many reasons. Tom and Gabe put two of my favorite things together!
    This was a excellent investment and would be to anyone else who has a mini 14 and may call on it for fighting use. With it's m14 heritage and similiar AK controls (except safety) these rifles have a tremendous amount to offer, I'm biased though and this video just made it worse.
    Tom goes through the basics and moves on to more advanced work with the mini showing off it's versatility and ease of use.
    Made in America, AK reliability, and accurate. This video is a great buy as it mirrors alot of the SI AK and shotgun training, but homes in on the mini.
    Now all we need is a mini class hint hint.
    Well done Tom and Gabe for yet another great invesent in my skills.
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

I haven't see this.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I wil see it someday. :)
    Last edited by 01Aaron; 12-26-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Glad you liked it.

That little rifle is every where and needed some attention.

If you have any questions, call me. 928-776-4492 I'll help you any way I can.

T

I have been neglectful and not checked out this video. No doubt it is good, Tom is doing a great job in his current position, but I know from personal experience that he is an awesome rifle instructor.

I agree with OP the video is excellent. I've run Mini 14's off and on over the years and the video has something to offer for beginners and old hands.

You guys should know that Tom was the go to man for the Michigan Department of Corrections as they issue the Mini-14.

Thanks Tom. I may pick your brain about a couple ideas for the mini. I'm getting a fricke mag holder like in the video. It's really nice how so much AK crosses over, my TIB is easy to swap from AK to mini mode.
    I've run some of the material with the mini with others watching and they have all been like "wow I didn't know you could run a mini like a combat rifle." yes, yes you can, you just have to know how. Now I do.
    Headed to the shot show the 19th. Come on mini parts.
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Tom's Mini-14 DVD is indeed excellent. I bought a copy and I don't even have a Mini-14! Well, actually I got it because we get students who bring the Mini to rifle classes and I wanted to make sure I'm teaching them to run their rifles well.

Speaking of which, we've got Combat Rifle Marksmanship and Advanced Combat Rifle Marksmanship coming up here in South Carolina on February 4 and 5.

When I purchased my mini over two (2) years ago, I was surprised at the lack of training material on the system. Aside from the extreme differences of opinions on what niche the system fills, no one had anything really useful. Then, I ran across a forum on which Tom's DVD was the topic. I purchased it that same day on OST. Finally, someone who understands the niche that the system was designed for and conveys it in a 90 minute comprehensive and relevant DVD. It is actually the first DVD from OST that I invested in. Thanks, Tom.

I agree that this is a great training DVD as are the many other DVDs I have from SI. Since I live in the gun friendly state of CA, the Mini-14 was a logical choice for me. It was a very welcomed treat when Tom came out with this, which I quickly bought and tried to absorb it all. The only issue I have is with my "CA approved" Ranch model that does not behave as the others (minor nic on mag loading). Uli did say I could bring it to one of his Saiga classes, but I guess the popularity of this in CA is low since his class got removed from the schedule.