Thumbs up FOF Chattanooga June 4-5 2011

FOF Chattanooga June 4-5 2011
    I attended the force on force class in Chattanooga Tennessee on June 4th and 5th and there arenít enough words to describe how much I enjoyed it or how much valuable information it contained.

The instructor, Randy Harris, presented the curriculum in a very clear manner, describing in detail the reasons for this course as well as the terms and acronyms associated with it. After explaining a certain part of the course with the class, Randy would take time to insure we understood its importance in the real world as well as taking time to answer any questions we had about the subject.

The drills and scenarios were well thought out and as realistic as possible. I feel that I learned more in this two day course than most other training companies could teach in a week.

This course not only improved my skills but my confidence as well.
    As this was my first course with Suarez International and with the quality, knowledge, and professionalism I saw in one of their instructors, I plan on attending many more courses with SI in the near future, and I would also highly recommend their courses to anyone interested.

Well done Gabe, on selecting instructors of such high quality!
    For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11

Thanks for the review JR.

The FOF class is where you get to see what really works when the BG does not just stand there like a paper target. As we saw over and over and over again if you try to" stand tall and shoot small" when the bad guy attacks you are gonna get hit....A LOT. But if you MOVE.... you may still get hit....but not as often and when you get hit they are far more likely to be peripheral hits and not center mass.

And it is one thing to read this on the forum or in a magazine. But until you get out and DO it you really can not internalize it.

We will be offering another FOF class (and a glock armorer class) in Columbia SC in October.(http://www.suarezinternationalstore....tviewfl-1.aspx) That one should be a bit cooler weather than Chattanooga in June. I hope to see some of you there!
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RedDawn View Post
    The drills and scenarios were well thought out and as realistic as possible. I feel that I learned more in this two day course than most other training companies could teach in a week.

Well done Gabe, on selecting instructors of such high quality!
    Yes, FoF is VERY instructive on what works and what doesn't, and Randy is a very good instructor. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Columbia for FoF in October.

Ja zeer leerzaam inderdaad. Een gordeldier ben ik niet! LOL
    Last edited by Johnny RedDawn; 06-16-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways; Psalm 91:11

I also attended this class, and I second the first review - a fun class and great training. Basic outline of training was the Take-Off & Getting Off the X the first morning, responding to a drawn gun the first afternoon; then responding to a knife rush, multiple attackers and mini-scenarios the 2nd day. This turned out to be a very small class, so we got lots of reps in, which was awesome.

In terms of technical material, the Pekiti TakeOff was the only "new" material; otherwise this was "Applied CRG." However the chance for live application was a great way to test and enhance core skills, and to reveal the areas where more practice is needed.

One of the more thought-provoking sections for me were a series of mini-scenarios where one or more possible attackers would approach, using verbal engagement to get close before sometimes attacking. Trying to play this out realistically, and to figure out a real-world reasonable degree of escalation and response was really more difficult than the purely physical drills.

Thanks to Randy Harris for a well-taught class full of practical training. I hope to see you again at 0-5 Feet.