Default Randy Harris and basic pistol @ Mystery Ranch

Greetings all, Having recently completed the SI version on basic pistol with Randy Harris and full of military grade coffee, figured now was as good a time as any for a course assessment :D . I am no poet nor author as many at the WT well know. ( DITTOS, is the man for that occupation ;) ) Having been a part of similar curriculum in the past ( as range safety officer , medic, etc...) as well as a student with several other schools ( yes, I believe square range environment is best for the beginners ) suffice to say that as long as the basics are covered including safety, anyone hitting this bench mark could and often do teach. What makes WT/SI different based on my LIMITED but validated experience ? I could go on and on about the course material but I do not think it relevant to the point I wish to make. All the students were it seemed of good moral quality and attentiveness. All had better groups the second day than the first. (which usually does not happen until the third or four day with some of the other schools I've seen ) What makes SI/ Randy Harris different or perhaps better than most ? Simple really, It is my opinion he truly cares about teaching people how to FIGHT and potentially survive a lethal conflict . Randy has the " fighting " foundation from highly skilled warriors and is still paying dues of personal sacrifice for it. We few, we fortunate few may capitalize on this merely by actively applying his instruction to our practice sessions. I have had more time and money wasted in the past with teachers and instructors who either did not know how to fight OR were so wrapped up in making money,( requiring one to take " their" version of the basics with " their " certification ) the deceit lead me to believe there was little hope of learning this vital warrior skill ! I state at present and with a clear conscience that I DO NOT think that is the case here with Gabe ( who I believe to be of teacher status ) nor Randy ( who is an accomplished instructor). Gabe, Randy, and all the instructors at the WT/SI, I thank you. To all the WT'ers I thank you for your time on this issue. Though I have the lowest of skill level of any here at the WT/SI, ( as I too convincingly proved at the AK course in Alabama ) it is my sincerest desire to learn as much as possible from you ALL. Especially from and with Gabe and Randy.

Your student " INFIDEL Warrior " Johnnyreb
    Last edited by johnnyreb; 04-30-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Just remember bro, it ain't where you start, but where you finish. I had DPS with Randy and I agree, he set the bar pretty high for what I expect from future instructors. Since I plan on training with SI classes and instructors, I don't think it will be a problem.;)

Default PT Doc, Thanks.

I attempt to live by example and welcome any opinion from folks with the same type of attitude. Warriors need not be told but we LOVE to be reminded ;). Thank you for the encouragement.

Thanks guys. You're gonna make me cry...;) :D

And Johnnyreb, you know you GREATLY understate your ability.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 04-30-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....