Default Defensive Pistol Skills, Chattanooga, Memorial Weekend

Well, Randy Harris certainly lived up to his fast growing reputation and mastery of the fundamentals. A talented, if not naturally glib, communicator, Randy used every moment of the course time to pass on tips and traps, methods and tactics, emphasized the trigger control and awareness of which most of the 14 attendees needed to be reminded constantly, and hosted a thoroughly enjoyable educational session without fault. Not bad for an old man of 35 or so. He was ably assisted by his imposing gargantuan helper, Tim Baldivid, who keeps the Sportsman's Warehouse secure when he's not charging helpless women with his rubber knife and wrestling Randy to illustrate a tactic.

No one said a critical word, nor could anyone outdraw, outshoot or contradict Randy's performance. Granted, all were relatively inexperienced (that's why they attended!), but everyone learned something from the two days of seriously HOT Georgia sun at the comfortable setting operated by Marie & Bruce for about 60 horses and an equal number of teens, plus the periodic Cowboy Action crowd.

It would have been nice to have changing targets which were personalized, to keep and show one's own results. . . perhaps printed sheets to be torn off and stapled between groups. Name tags would have been a nice touch, and there were several other suggestions from the group for the benefit of the next session. Basically, new matters were absorbed at varying degrees by the enthusiastic folks present, and it was unanimously deemed a huge success.

GABE = keep this dude, brother . . . he's GOOD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Moose
    Not bad for an old man of 35 or so. He was ably assisted by his imposing gargantuan helper, Tim Baldivid, who keeps the Sportsman's Warehouse secure when he's not charging helpless women with his rubber knife and wrestling Randy to illustrate a tactic.
    +1 on Randy's knowledge, communication and skills. I wasn't there for this class, but was at the CRG class a month or so ago there at Mystery Dog.

And that's "not bad for an old fat man of 35 or so."

And I guess someone lied to you about Tim chasing women? Everybody knows he's gay.

:D
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Psalms 37

"A vulgar display of ability" - Tom Givens

"Not bad for an Alabama boy" - Sonny Puzikas

"You're like clearing a post, not a corner" - Randy Harris

Thanks guys.

I'm not fat...I'm just big boned! :D And remember Scharf.....I'll see you again VERY soon ;) .

Moose,

I'm really glad you enjoyed the class and more importantly glad you learned something. Everyone showed improvement. Seeing the ladies in class SIGNIFICANTLY shrinking their groups from day 1 to day 2 was especially gratifying to me. And hopefully having Tim charge you guys with the knife gave everyone a better idea of distance and timing issues. I try to teach in context of not only HOW to do something but more importantly WHY.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

After Memorial Weekend with Randy & Tim, I feel uneasy when standing still... I'm constantly moving back and forth, looking around, and touching on the hem of my shirt with my left hand. :D

Try and get past the constantly touching hem of shirt thing...its something I had to focus on too. steve

edited because post I was commenting on was removed and my response about shooting midgets at 60 yards now makes no sense!
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 06-25-2007 at 06:35 PM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

whoops I didn't read the topic close enough, mods please delete!!!\

-dave