Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEROES

Default HEROES

The word "Hero" should never be used unless the recipient of the accolade faced a situation that would likely have caused an instant death or a horrible maiming injury.

Game players and sports people are entertainers...no matter their level of athleticism, they are emphatically not heroes.

That title is better reserved for those who might easily have died in the process of earning it.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This!!!
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

There it is.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

During the Rona, hospital employees were called heroes by administrators and politicians. Now, those same medical professionals who worked long hours in a stressful environment are pariahs because they don't want an experimental vaccine and are being fired. Those sanctimonious hospital administrators probably think that they just made themselves Heroes.

Other misuses of the label "Hero"...

Grocery store employees during the Rona. I am glad these people showed up to work, but their activities were not heroic.

Democrat state legislators who refuse to do their jobs and cast votes at the state capitol, but flee to Washington and call themselves heroes.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

A-fucking-men!!

Stealing and passing on...
    Last edited by Shooter76; 07-22-2021 at 07:28 AM.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Dare I add that said legitimately dangerous situation should offer an “out” to our protagonist that allows him to decline or accept. In my own industry the title is also thrown around willy-nilly. Being STUCK on a crippled aircraft and yet managing to save everyone on board makes you a cool stick and damn skilled at your profession…which you already should be…congrats on passing the ultimate test. Having a crippled aircraft that you CAN escape yet sticking with it to an uncertain end so that you can try to keep it from crashing into an unsuspecting populace below- THAT makes you a HERO.
    Last edited by Air Pirate; 07-21-2021 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."

And, someone who gets killed is not necessarily a hero. Just a victim.

Some call cops and soldiers heros. Not so. They may be potential heros. But, only if called to the task, and answered heroically.

-- ML

Quote Originally Posted by Mushinto View Post
    Some call cops and soldiers heros. Not so. They may be potential heros. But, only if called to the task, and answered heroically.

-- ML
    I think this statement is spot on. I also not sure anymore most won’t squander the opportunity.

Totally agree.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

I once faced down a mob of angry Karens, who were threatening to eviscerate me for making the bold assertion that school teachers are not heroes.

Does that make me a hero?
    Virtute et Armis