Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Over the last decade or two, RIA has put out a few cool innovations. They are still struggling to get their QC up but they are making strides. They are way better than they used to be but they are selling to the so called "gun community" and that means trying to pry money out of cheap sons of bitches. Michael Bane speaks and writes highly of them which brings a little hope but most everything of theirs I personally handled was only ok, not great. The 22TCM round is a cool innovation and they make some neat CZ75ish pistols. They are making 9mm revolvers now too which is kind of cool
    I'm not surprised they are jumping into the aluminum Glock copy pool and they stand as good a chance as any of coming through with a good one.

Gabe's point re people's perception of what they want vs their actual spending patterns is beyond debate. I don't remember the name that eggheads give it but it's a known psychological effect. I learned about it in a sales training session years ago. It happens in marketing and in polling. People say one thing, really believing that they believe it, but they act differently. "I don't like negative political advertising" is something voters say, but mud slinging continues because voters respond to it. A new gun comes out, the peanut gallery says "I'll buy one if they make it in 10mm" but we all know that's just not true.
    2 things, the CZ 75ish 9mm is directly from tanfoglio, even has tanfoglio stamper right on the frame. As for the 10mm, already covered that, and it's my backwoods side piece, just thought I'd throw that out for shiggles

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    it looks beautiful externally, but using their slide, even with as many of our components as i can load up in it, their slide on their frame feels like i just dug it up out of the sand. our slide being swapped onto the frame makes all the difference in the world and is incredibly pleasant to shoot.

The quality (or lack of) on the slide has be wondering about the frame.

I know the slide is steel and harder to machine but still... If ZRO ever offers just the frame, I'd consider it after a few other purchases from SI (DOE...).

But still interesting, I didn't even hear about these two clones. Thanks for the range report as well, if I did get the ZRO it would have a 419 slide on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    The quality (or lack of) on the slide has be wondering about the frame.

I know the slide is steel and harder to machine but still... If ZRO ever offers just the frame, I'd consider it after a few other purchases from SI (DOE...).

But still interesting, I didn't even hear about these two clones. Thanks for the range report as well, if I did get the ZRO it would have a 419 slide on it.
    i already reached out to ZRO, unfortunately they do not offer up just the frames and their dealer program only gets you the complete pistol as a 19 or 17, or mod kits such as a 17 slide with appropriate magwell extension and dust cover

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI