Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    honestly ive had this issue consistently with freedom munitions. the last rifle class we did out in cowtown, i was blowing primers every 2-3 rounds
    From Freedom Munitions' reputation, I would much rather pay a couple pennies more per round than deal with their hassle. For that matter, I would rather train with Wolf than shoot reloads.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." ó Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." ó Martin Luther

I have some concern that we may see more of this over the next several years. We've seen a few ammo recalls lately. It's possible that the great rush to get the ammo out of the factory door as quickly as possible (before demand drops) has resulted in lower quality control.

I've had several primers blow out on me....mostly when I was initially learning to reload. I've never had it happen with good ammo.
    Virtute et Armis

The other thing...

When you have the epiphany that NUMBER OF ROUNDS FIRED PER YEAR NOT EQUATE TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF SKILL, the need to run 10,000 rounds yearly, and the lust for cheap ammo, loses its attraction. Dry fire, Kata, Fof drills and limited live fire may be "boring", but only for those short attention span mouth breathers that couldn't read a book if they were tied to a chair.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    From Freedom Munitions' reputation, I would much rather pay a couple pennies more per round than deal with their hassle. For that matter, I would rather train with Wolf than shoot reloads.
    There's a reason it was free

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I had two primers come out on some loads I was testing. One in the fire group and the other on the left side of the bolt. It could have been several things as the brass was converted 5.56 mil brass, so maybe a loose pocket. The other thing was I was testing some powder coated cast 220gr rounds. I was not real happy with the powder coating I had done on these ones. Not sure, but might have bumped up the pressure. I have not worked up those loads since as I had other things going on. I also have not had any problems since.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!