Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Maybe. I know the .357 Magnum cylinder on the M&P 340 is longer than the one on my older 442 from 2008/2009. Maybe someone can take a photo as all I have access to are older Js and the 340.

It appears the 340 cylinder is about 39 mm in length.
    Nice little Easter egg for a backdrop. Mine's in the bookcase.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Nice little Easter egg for a backdrop. Mine's in the bookcase.
    I was sending Brent photos of Gaylord’s drawing from the ankle holster. It’s interesting he kept the revolver on the outside.

Might have been due to his body shape or mobility issues. A box cut suit hides a lot, but an outside ankle rig is a noisemaker and hard on the gun.

chick.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 06-18-2021 at 08:45 AM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

There is also the consideration of who is carrying on the ankle. Cop carrying outside a duty boot is different from NPE civilian use in professional workplace attire. Never been the former, but have ankle carried while being the latter, and offside ankle on the inside seems to work best, is easier to hide, and gives you more options to fix your trousers with your strong-side foot if something happens to upset the drape of your pants and reaching down would be conspicuous.

Gaylord was a pioneer in concealment. Funny how 90% of the youtube culture would not recognize his name (so much for the concept of legacy). Interesting the one pictured #2. AIWB.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I will add simply that an athletic physique allows a great deal more latitude in clothing selection and concealment. For me...if I need to conceal in an NPE, a pocket, tucked in AIWB holsterless, or even off body carry (who searches a bag of chips?) makes more sense than ankle carry. These are things that can be tested I suppose. Deeper concealment means less speed in access...but is a pocket any less concealed than an ankle? Understood the passing through secured areas thing...and that makes much more sense...but is that more a Transition Carry than a Primary Carry? Perhaps it is. Think, for example, of placing an airweight J under a blob of nachos before wiping it off and placing it in its proper place. Nacho carry is not a primary method, but rather a subterfuge to pass through a barrier.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Gaylord was a pioneer in concealment. Funny how 90% of the youtube culture would not recognize his name (so much for the concept of legacy). Interesting the one pictured #2. AIWB.
    AIWB.jpg

Similar, and easily worn more to the center line. Note the neutral cant.

My experience is that short guns in AIWB want to jump out of the holster if you throw a vigorous punch.

For the record, F*** the youtube culture.

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post

My experience is that short guns in AIWB want to jump out of the holster if you throw a vigorous punch.

Which is even contrary to the propellerheads, we refused to make AIWB holsters for Glock 26 pistols and told them to get one for the G17.
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    If Colt gave a flying fornication what I think, they would’ve re-released the Agent.
    Colt has the worst marketing and new product development of any company, of any kind, anywhere.

With that said, any love for the new Cobras or whatever they're called? They've been out for a couple of years now and I've seen surprising little about them anywhere.

At risk of being branded forever as a gun hipster, I have always like Colt snubs.

If we shoot j-frames from bags of Doritos it’ll be called the V-Drill.

This all goes back to SI teaching real world experience.

The first time I ever shot through a garment was on the range at Complete Pistol. It wasn’t the last, but real world was easier having done it before.