Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ankle Carry

Quote Originally Posted by USN-PO2 View Post
    Does a "left" IWB clip holster inside my right cowboy boot count as ankle carry.
    calfcarry.jpg

Naw. That's calf carry.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Twenty years ago, well before discovering tuckable AIWB holsters or WT, I carried a G26 on the inside of my offside ankle for two years in an NPE business casual office environment. Think slacks and a golf shirt or button down shirt, an occasional tie and/or sport coat. I've got very skinny legs, and the microfiber slacks of that era allowed for plenty of pants leg billowing. I pulled my dress sock over the bottom of the holster to aid in concealment... though I had to buy dress socks much more frequently as a result. Also, I worked in a cubical farm so my ankle was rarely displayed. Not ideal, but it worked and I was never made. While I still keep an ankle rig for both J-frame and G43 in the inventory, I've not used either for several years.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Question for Papa,

When you carried in the cargo pocket of your BDUs didn't it slam into your leg? For me if I put anything hard with weight in my BDU pockets it repeatedly slaps me in the leg when I walk.

Thanks
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLeg0811 View Post
    Question for Papa,

When you carried in the cargo pocket of your BDUs didn't it slam into your leg? For me if I put anything hard with weight in my BDU pockets it repeatedly slaps me in the leg when I walk.

Thanks
    Pocket holster and speed strip on the left, TQ and medical stuff on the right side, keys and lighter and flashlights and knives and such in the slash pockets. Add in a lot of rowing, running and the bike to nowhere and there wasn't much movement by the BUG.

BDU.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 06-29-2021 at 05:57 PM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

Fun little toy you’ve got there.

I got to shoot one once that was...unpapered. Crude but still fun. Was surprised what a slow rate if fire it had, I could get off single shots when I tried.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I wish the designers had used the Beretta 34 pattern mags instead of ripping off the MP38/40. Within the limitations of open-bolt design and safety, what else do you need? This was one I wish I could have adopted....

Also, the sharp-eyed will undoubtedly make the vest gun location, not balanced in the least by the Saurez pigsticker on the off side.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-29-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Vale et omnia quae.

I am more intrigued with "what lays beneath" the oversized uniform shirt.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

At the time, a Glock 30S, a Grab and Stab, body armor, and a misshapen mass of bone, gristle and stringy muscle that a coyote couldn't chew. And wouldn't want to.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-29-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    calfcarry.jpg

Naw. That's calf carry.

your dad joke game is on point

Thanks that makes sense Papa.

Yeah I got to shoot one of those many years ago at a Foreign Weapons shoot when I was in the Corps. They also had a suppressed one too. That shoot was pretty cool. The G3 and FN FAL beat the shoulder up a bit. The AK was easy to shoot full auto. There were others too. I was excited that I got assigned to that duty. What a great day.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!