Default Podcast interview with Riton optics

I had the good fortune of being interviewed by Riton optics for their video podcast. I think it went pretty well. We discuss training, ground fighting, realities if initiative, fitness...standard stuff for the crew here but hopefully some of you find it interesting.

The host is their CEO. He was very gracious and seems like a decent chap. Certainly seems to have his heart and his head in the right place and they appear dedicated to making a good product. I havenít gotten to run anything yet but I hear good things. I purchased one of their scopes and canít wait to work with it.

Anyway, enjoy.

https://ritonoptics.com/revolution/e...hing-everyday/
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

while i have no doubt their ceo is a good person me and paul have some first hand experience with riton. i have the 1x ARD on Laura's DOE 9mm and so far it seems to hold up, clarity is about the same as vortex red dots. on the other hand, paul had a TACTIX PRD on his 30-30 lever gun, and the lens cracked under recoil. customer service was quicker and easier to deal with than vortex, but quality is the same as their low end. as to their magnified glass, i can't speak on it yet

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    while i have no doubt their ceo is a good person me and paul have some first hand experience with riton. i have the 1x ARD on Laura's DOE 9mm and so far it seems to hold up, clarity is about the same as vortex red dots. on the other hand, paul had a TACTIX PRD on his 30-30 lever gun, and the lens cracked under recoil. customer service was quicker and easier to deal with than vortex, but quality is the same as their low end. as to their magnified glass, i can't speak on it yet
    The X3 ARD is a significant improvement over the X1 ARD, itís worth a look if youíre in the market.

A couple of coworkers and I set up a target at 1776 yards as luck would have it (we wanted a mile and it just happened to work out that way). Ive used their 3-18 X7 Conquer and their X5 Conquer 5-25 in mils to hit that target with three different calibers. Just my experience

Great podcast Brent. Iím surprised we didnít get to hear about the Heretic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The biggest hindrance to adaptability is ego.

Quote Originally Posted by CDX09 View Post

Great podcast Brent. I’m surprised we didn’t get to hear about the Heretic!
    Thanks brother, I appreciate it, and appreciate you setting it up in the first place!

The Heretic...I did mean to mention it. But I meant to mention lots of things. Doing these things live, I forget some things I want to talk about. Oh well. Maybe there will be a next time. :)
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I will agree that Brent’s podcast was great. He was the consummate professional and definitely came across as the gentleman killer. It is rare these days to hear articulate and thoughtful people talk about defense and fitness and training (on either side of the equation), so it was great to hear Brent.

I am learning more each day about my Riton optic. I was going to get an X1 to mount up on my match 22. Instead, CDX09 set me up with an X3 setup in Mils and I have been super impressed with the optic so far. I’ve done a number of tracking drills (box drills) to measure the adjustments, have worked the turrets to death to make sure they are positive and smooth, and have run to the stops on the magnification ring dozens of times and it has been very impressive so far.

Brent, I sincerely hope that you get more opportunities to participate in podcasts and to share the wealth of training, knowledge and experience that makes you a great person and instructor.

Regards- Nobody