Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It may be mildly interesting to see what various elite teams use, but it has exactly zero bearing on what I choose to carry. ... I think far more valuable is looking at the choices of civilians who have been working in this area for years.
    Piggy-backing on this... the interweb is full of "pocket dump" videos of ex-SEALs and other spec ops guys. As civilians, a huge number of these guys are choosing G43's and P365's as their EDC, and I'm pretty damn sure they weren't packing those pistols when they saddled up for a night on the town in Fallujah. The mission dictates...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

The only people who care what Mr. Special Ops is carrying and using are the 'gear queers'. That's just my opinion. The truth is that his reality is not MY reality, and what he does, wants, or needs more likely than not doesn't translate to what I do, want, or need -- and I'm not a 'Walt'.

Just throwing this out there, this was a staged "exercise" with "media" presence. I would hazard to suggest that it was all dog and pony meant for the masses and that includes these "custom rifles" etc! Been there done that! Propaganda in its finest form
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I also wear no shows and running shoes in my camo pants.

Basically an operator...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Taylor View Post
    I also wear no shows and running shoes in my camo pants.

Basically an operator...
    That’s funny and spot on.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    My context is different, my needs are different, and what others use has not a damn thing to do with what I want.
    And to take the context thing a step deeper - their priorities are very different than mine; logistics of supply (ammo for example) is a big one that's really important to most organized groups, but can be of relatively low priority to an individual like you or me.

I figure the guys who are choosing their gear based on what Navy Seals or any other elite group use are mostly doing so because they don't know enough about the subject. Whatever, they can do what they want, it just doesn't apply to me.

Not to mention their community is full of drama queens.
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

Just saying........ pre mission checks are hands, eyes, ears, HAIR !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJsnEJRUjVs

that said, given the time Ive spent with sims, I notice that the cans on those rifles are also marked "Blue" Im wondering if they are "hollow" cans for sim work (I've never run a can when using sims so I cant comment) or merely another ID point that we are using sims in the exercise (like the mags) ?
    Last edited by coastalcop; 05-19-2021 at 04:24 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time