Default Soft case for long gun

Looking for a decent soft case for a long rifle. Do not really want to pay over 200 for it. Want it for 26Ē barreled rifle with large scope weight of14-15 lbs. with some accessories. Looking for one with backpack straps actual rifle length around 47.5 in.. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at a Galati. Thanks much.

I got one of these for my M14 EBR.

https://www.voodootactical.com/51-ul...-drag-bag.html
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Triad Tactical sells a precision rifle soft case with optional backpack straps. Itís excellent quality, I had to turn it in when I retired and would buy one myself if I didnít have a couple of older Eagle Industries options of my own.

I'll second a Voodoo tactical bag. I have one of their larger bags and its held up really nicely over the years.

After looking around I decided to get a Bulldog long range 54” rifle case. Has separate Velcro storage for a suppressor, thicker interior padding than most as well as enough storage for ammo, rangefinder, kestrel. Doesn’t have the backpack webbing, just a single shoulder strap, but it is lockable. I think it will suit my needs just fine. Highly rated and found it on sale 39% off. Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the input.
    Last edited by ronlassit; 07-18-2021 at 01:34 PM.

I bought a Savior Equipment bag last year. It was under $100 and is more solidly constructed than I had expected. The zippers look like they'll hold up for quite a while. It has backpack straps, or you can set it up as a normal 'sling' carry. The front pockets have both velcro and buckles, so you can double-down on securing gear when you choose to. It's definitely not a discrete bag. And it doesn't open up to serve as a shooting mat, as some bags do. The padding is pretty thick--perhaps even overkill. All in all, I've been very happy with it. Especially for the price.

For a 26" barrel, you're right on the edge of being able to fit it into the 51" bag. Depending on your muzzle device and stock, you may want to go all the way up to the 55" bag. The 46" bag is just right for my 22" bolt gun with an ASR muzzle device and <14" length-of-pull.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I bought a Savior Equipment bag last year. It was under $100 and is more solidly constructed than I had expected. The zippers look like they'll hold up for quite a while. It has backpack straps, or you can set it up as a normal 'sling' carry. The front pockets have both velcro and buckles, so you can double-down on securing gear when you choose to. It's definitely not a discrete bag. And it doesn't open up to serve as a shooting mat, as some bags do. The padding is pretty thick--perhaps even overkill. All in all, I've been very happy with it. Especially for the price.

For a 26" barrel, you're right on the edge of being able to fit it into the 51" bag. Depending on your muzzle device and stock, you may want to go all the way up to the 55" bag. The 46" bag is just right for my 22" bolt gun with an ASR muzzle device and <14" length-of-pull.
    I got a similar one only with the cargo pouches stitched on the ends and make a little different center layout.

So far it's held up but I've not tried to ruck with it. Just used the carry handle. Sometimes I've had my Milspec II in 300win mag and my SI Commando build in the big zipped side pocket. And a secondary fun gun aboard using the divider. Usually a Mossberg 144 or 03A3.
    Hoofing it from the truck to the 100yd line. Damn I gotta reconnect with a buddy that has a 1000yd range.

about as much help as i can be, is i can get you a US Peacekeeper drag bag for a 52" rifle

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI