Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    With me, I have never advertised, I’m as big as I want to be at this time, and I have people calling me wanting my work consistently. I can pick and choose what I want, who I want to do things for and how much I want to charge. I have been offered Atleast 10 other “supposed good jobs” that I would have had to be an employee but I will take freedom any day of the week over the alternative....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Have I ever been helped by SI staff with a "fix that is questionably simple?" The answer is a resounding "yes" and the simple fix has saved lives... at least one I know of for sure.

Years ago several of us from an agency team were sent to SI's Complete Pistol Class to see how it could address some of our identified issues. We were the advance team and it all went well more would follow. We'd all been trained by other big name agencies and had street experience, yet in the first 10 minutes Gabe solved an on-going problem for which we'd been looking for a solution as we went from agency to agency, vendor to vendor, for additional wisdom. I doubt Gabe remembers, but our guys showed up to class dressed in non-tactical cargo pants and squared off, untucked, button-up shirts.... the unofficial uniform of intelligence personnel the world over. Under those shirts were issued pistols, magazines, handcuffs, etc... all unseen to the public and we looked different than most class participants - no camo, battlebelts, etc.

A persistent issue we'd come across and one we'd never been able to put to bed was the question of when drawing from concealed do we use one hand or two hands to pull up the shirt and then index the weapon. Some big name agencies decried the idea of using two hands as one hand of course had to be free for a perceived use, while others said using two hands was the way to go, yet no reason was given. I asked Gabe should we use two or one hand to lift up the cover garment and manipulate the pistol. This was a serious question and to our surprise we got a magnificent, questionably simple fix to our problem. Gabe told us to use two hands and explained by using two hands it would ensure no matter what the cover garment was out of the way before the pistol was indexed and brought into use. He demonstrated and heavily articulated the "why" behind using two hands when possible.

So, the answer is yes, we've been helped by SI staff with a fix that is questionably simple. To this day we use two hands when possible to guarantee the draw stroke isn't fouled. We're also able to articulate that if the draw stroke is fouled the situation won't get better from there.

Sometimes it's the simple answers, combined with context, that have the greatest difference.

I doubt Gabe remembers the incident, or perhaps thought it was a weird question, but that unfouled draw stroke has paid off time and time again.

For what it's worth.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 04-16-2021 at 02:03 PM.

I've always received excellent customer service and great advice from SI staff.

I was even directed to that video one time, it was a tremendous help. I still have it saved for future reference.
    Suarez International Student since 2013

Have I been helped, immeasurably so, I can't count the number of questions answered, quality products produced, made and delivered. Josh and Paul are true highly skilled professionals. The whole staff at SI has excellent customer service and attention to detail. Gabe and the other staff instructors, such as Brent, Greg and Ted, have been a huge influence in my martial progress.
    Cheers Brothers!
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

People think because they have paid you that they can abuse you for the price.

My old man was an electrician all his life and I got to hear about jobs he worked all my life when he pulled into the driveway at the end of the day. One thing he always said if he had to wash his hands of a dickhead customer was "Sometimes the money isn't worth the aggravation."

Whether it was a job offer or a customer interaction in my life, I have always tried to live by these words. Every interaction I have had with SI has been nothing but professional.
    Last edited by David Bowman; 04-27-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Have I ever been helped by SI staff with a "fix that is questionably simple?" The answer is a resounding "yes" and the simple fix has saved lives... at least one I know of for sure.

Years ago several of us from an agency team were sent to SI's Complete Pistol Class to see how it could address some of our identified issues. We were the advance team and it all went well more would follow. We'd all been trained by other big name agencies and had street experience, yet in the first 10 minutes Gabe solved an on-going problem for which we'd been looking for a solution as we went from agency to agency, vendor to vendor, for additional wisdom. I doubt Gabe remembers, but our guys showed up to class dressed in non-tactical cargo pants and squared off, untucked, button-up shirts.... the unofficial uniform of intelligence personnel the world over. Under those shirts were issued pistols, magazines, handcuffs, etc... all unseen to the public and we looked different than most class participants - no camo, battlebelts, etc.

A persistent issue we'd come across and one we'd never been able to put to bed was the question of when drawing from concealed do we use one hand or two hands to pull up the shirt and then index the weapon. Some big name agencies decried the idea of using two hands as one hand of course had to be free for a perceived use, while others said using two hands was the way to go, yet no reason was given. I asked Gabe should we use two or one hand to lift up the cover garment and manipulate the pistol. This was a serious question and to our surprise we got a magnificent, questionably simple fix to our problem. Gabe told us to use two hands and explained by using two hands it would ensure no matter what the cover garment was out of the way before the pistol was indexed and brought into use. He demonstrated and heavily articulated the "why" behind using two hands when possible.

So, the answer is yes, we've been helped by SI staff with a fix that is questionably simple. To this day we use two hands when possible to guarantee the draw stroke isn't fouled. We're also able to articulate that if the draw stroke is fouled the situation won't get better from there.

Sometimes it's the simple answers, combined with context, that have the greatest difference.

I doubt Gabe remembers the incident, or perhaps thought it was a weird question, but that unfouled draw stroke has paid off time and time again.

For what it's worth.

Brother...I do remember!

In my past, I studied a certain Book in depth...one that I was...it seemed...called to teach from. My thoughts on that "calling" were wrong and my place was elsewhere. The salient point was that "to whom much is given, from them much will be required". I was blessed with an inquisitive mind, with more blood than I will ever admit to before my death, and a desire to impart what I learned to others. It affects me at a level that I cannot express, every time a good guy falls to a bad guy because his mind was not right, because his hands were not steady, or because his teachers were fools. And likewise when I hear of a victory now and again, from the far corners of the earth...or just short drive away, it lifts my soul in a way that only people like us will understand.

It has always been an honor to share with you and your guys. As we move into strange waters and strange times, know this - I will always have my brother's backs...no matter the circumstances, the foe, or the times.

And no thanks are ever necessary...well, except for a texted picture late one night out of the blue.

Suarez - 1
    ISIS - 0

thin-blue-line.jpg

Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 04-27-2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

That was perhaps the most eloquent and meaningful “thank you” I have ever seen.

Makes me deeply happy every time I think of it.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    That was perhaps the most eloquent and meaningful “thank you” I have ever seen.

Makes me deeply happy every time I think of it.

I recall you and a very small and weak member of their team named Hathor (I think), discussing ground fighting.....
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I recall you and a very small and weak member of their team named Hathor (I think), discussing ground fighting.....
    Yeah he was tiny. Only had what, 100 pounds on me?

That was a good time. I love those kinds of “discussions”.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

More like 150 pounds...but who is counting
    Gabriel Suarez