Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUMP HELMETS

Default BUMP HELMETS

JUST GOT THE WORD FROM CHASE, ALL BUMP HELMETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE, GRAB YOUR BEFORE THEY RUN OUT AGAIN. THESE ARE ALL SHIPPED WITH ARC RAILS AND NVG MOUNT INSTALLED

https://suarezinternational.com/chas...l-bump-helmet/

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Got mine. Keeping it in the ride with the armor and the Commando. And on oversized nodescript hoodie to hide it all under.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe, what sort of impact will this headgear mitigate? Skateboards, ball bats, golf clubs, fists?
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

I will let Shop Monkey answer that but everything short of a bullet
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

What is the benefit of a bump helmet or is it worth paying the extra for a ballistic helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRidder View Post
    What is the benefit of a bump helmet or is it worth paying the extra for a ballistic helmet.
    if you want ballistic, then go get ballistic. Gabe's already mentioned in other threads, the purpose of this is to protect from debris and blunt objects in a shit environment such as portland where "incoming" can be seen as replacing "hello" as the greeting of the day. is it gonna stop a bullet? fuck no, its plastic, but if a bottle comes flying at you will it offer as much protection as ballistic? yes.

if you really wanna see bumps in action, spend some time on funker530 or go look at videos and photos of bombing aftermaths and you'll see all s&r teams use bumps

i feel like i also need to add, ballistics are not bulletproof, they are simply meant to be deflective based on projectile angles.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by KarlinPhoenix View Post
    Gabe, what sort of impact will this headgear mitigate? Skateboards, ball bats, golf clubs, fists?
    i can tell you without hestitation, that depending on who is swinging it doesn't matter whether your wearing kevlar or plastic. swing an iron with toe down, it'll puncture a 3a kevlar helmet. swing a skateboard with intent to impact truck nut down, it will do the same. like anything else, its about angles of penetration and kinetic force.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I will let Shop Monkey answer that but everything short of a bullet
    Cool, thanks.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    i can tell you without hestitation, that depending on who is swinging it doesn't matter whether your wearing kevlar or plastic. swing an iron with toe down, it'll puncture a 3a kevlar helmet. swing a skateboard with intent to impact truck nut down, it will do the same. like anything else, its about angles of penetration and kinetic force.
    I will have to get one. Thank you for this, I will have to get one.

Just ordered mine.