Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mexican carry is pretty low pro NPE’ish, even with a glock 17.... So I don’t know other then maybe a better idea of what your talking about....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Well, this one went a whole lot of nowhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir2 View Post
    Well, this one went a whole lot of nowhere...
    gomer.jpg
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Lol.

Small, concealable, accurate at pistol distances, leaves no brass behind unless you reload (but you could empty it into a your hand or a storm drain).

Not a whole lot not to like, and at least a couple threads here about it...
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    I used to look down on the revolver, but after training with some...interesting people, I have a new appreciation for them and their strengths as a tool. They lack the range and capacity of the preferred handguns on this forum, but they are very easy to conceal, rugged, and seem to make highly effective ambush weapons, or a solid "oh shit" option in NPE.

I probably won't be carrying a snubnose anytime soon, and I have limited experience with them, but I am interested in understanding the methods criminals and undercovers have developed for employing them.

Does anyone have relevant experience with them?
    To each, his/her own. J -Frames have a place in my inventory, sometimes they fill the need as only they can. Of course, I have other stuff but my S&Ws, Colt Dick Special and Taurus J frames have served me and mine quite well. I pan to keep them. Get yourself some good training and practice. Oh...choose your ammo wisely and as well as holsters (optional).
    Last edited by Michael Biggs; 05-20-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman View Post
    Small, concealable, accurate at pistol distances, leaves no brass behind unless you reload (but you could empty it into a your hand or a storm drain).

Not a whole lot not to like, and at least a couple threads here about it...
    Bill Jordan wrote of a story about a gun battle across the American-mexican border. People in both towns were shooting across the border. After it was over, one border patrolman discovered he had put all of his empty brass into a coat pocket as he would do normally at the range.
    Under the stress of combat people tend to fight in the same way that they trained.

Apparently the action was unofficial and never got reported to the federal governments of either country.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Bill Jordan wrote of a story about a gun battle across the American-mexican border. People in both towns were shooting across the border. After it was over, one border patrolman discovered he had put all of his empty brass into a coat pocket as he would do normally at the range.
    Under the stress of combat people tend to fight in the same way that they trained.

Apparently the action was unofficial and never got reported to the federal governments of either country.
    That's a crazy story.

I would hope that I wouldn't default to my revolver training from another lifetime ago and just dump all of them on ground, drop in the speed strip and throw that on the ground if I was trying to sneak away undetected, but the astute observation that people default to what they know without thinking is exactly what people do for sure.
    Masters in Warfare -- OEF Class of 2002-2003, 2006-2007
    Majors: Offensive Terminal Ballistics and Overseas Bovine Scatology

"Fighting (of any kind) is just high level problem solving with dire physical consequences ."
    Joe Rogan

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman View Post
    That's a crazy story.

I would hope that I wouldn't default to my revolver training from another lifetime ago and just dump all of them on ground, drop in the speed strip and throw that on the ground if I was trying to sneak away undetected, but the astute observation that people default to what they know without thinking is exactly what people do for sure.
    I looked one version of bill jordans story because after 30 or more yrs one can forget a little and Jordan being a good story teller did not always embellish the same way each time he told the story:

At the top of page 106 is the story at this link: https://ia803208.us.archive.org/14/i...ordan_text.pdf

Sam McKone is not one of the Jones
    boys. Among his other marksmanship awards is a gold medal declaring him to
    be a Distinguished Pistol Shot. Additionally, being shot at was not a matter to
    distress Sam unduly, since it was not exactly a novel occurrence in his life. To
    make a long story short, by applying a little Kentucky windage and an educated
    trigger squeeze, Sam scored three hits which made the rifle shooter lose all
    interest in the fate of his companions and start thinking solely of his own
    welfare, here and hereafter. What has all this to do with the statement that a
    man will do unconsciously as he was trained, provided the training was
    thorough and extensive? Well, after the fight someone noted that McKone's
    pocket was bulging and politely inquired as to what might be spoiling the drape
    of his trousers. Puzzled, Sam thrust in an exploring hand. The pocket was
    full of fired cases. During the fight, without realizing he was doing so,
    McKone, an old reloader, had saved every empty!

I only carry my stainless j-frame snubbie when at the beach several times a year.
    I used to carry a G19 on the beach. No matter how hard I tried to keep sand out of internals it was a losing battle. In my experience the snubbie j-frame is slightly more tolerant of a little sand when it comes to reliability, and its small size is a little easier to conceal when I am wearing beach attire.