Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ny spent millions of dollars trying to build a database to keep track of ammo purchases. After a couple years they scrapped the program because they couldn’t make the system work (I’m sure they hired a company owned by someone with connections that wasn’t the best for the job). So I have serious doubts they can maintain an accurate, functional vaccine tracking program.

As an aside, I know a local business owner who’s business is considered high risk so the employees were some of the first eligible for the vaccine. The owner is anti vaccine, anti lockdown, etc. But for those who want the vaccine for $100 cash they will put you on the payroll for a week and give you a $100 paycheck so you have a pay stub to show to get your vaccine. There are 10s of millions of Americans that are anti vaccine that have the skills to help others work around the system.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    There is NOT a linked database that anyone can verify vaccination status at this time. When/if they try to establish one is will be plagued with inconsistencies; remember garbage in = garbage out.... The human factor is the weak link. And the Healthcare system at large is terrible when it comes to accurate and timely data entry.
    Yep. Anyone who has served in the military knows this phenomenon all too well...

”No Doc, I already got that shot on my last deployment. I don’t know why it’s not showing up in my record, but we all got it in (insert base)...”
    “This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.” - Churchill

My 201 file perpetually had me as Mexican heritage from Stockton California. Neither is accurate. Didn’t matter how many times I submitted a correction. Garbage in = garbage out indeed. This turned into a very informative thread.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Why are there 2 lot numbers for each dose? The cards I have seen only list 1 lot number per shot.
    Bad choice of words but, “pick your poison?”
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    So I just got my hands in a couple examples of the card posted here. There is one error. On the second page that shows the back side of the card the form number should be MLS-319813_r. The one in the pdf is likely an error on the scanning software.

I didn't see any evidence of special markings, threads or water marks. I will check them with a black light in the future when I can. They feel like basic card stock to me as well. Lot numbers can be hand written or have the label from the paperwork cut and stuck on the card.

Also one example had the same lot numbers for both doses.
    How does one go about correcting that error?
    Paul

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

A couple people on my Facebook feed posted pictures of their vaccination cards. I now have matching lot numbers, dates, and vaccination sites that will all seem legit if checked.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    I will also add that it is 2021 and anyone who doesn't own acrobat Pro needs to do so.

For those who are not aware it allows you to modify PDF documents even "locked" ones.

For example your covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours to travel internationally expires because flights are delayed, no problem just change the date. That is just basic example that has been used.

For every measure the is a counter-measure

Another option is take a screenshot (not a picture) of the document and edit that image.

I'm a little surprised and not with the lack of watermarks or any kind of authentication. I mean even a hologram or seal would have been a hindrance.

My daughter-in-law is helping with vaccinations at the local VA. There are boxes of vaccine cards sitting around. The only thing that is secured are the syringes.

It was just in the news that the FBI will be going after counterfeit vaccination cards. 5 years in prison for trump supporters faking the vaccination. Still legal to burn cities at the end of the George Floyd trial though...
    - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jons999 View Post
    It was just in the news that the FBI will be going after counterfeit vaccination cards. 5 years in prison for trump supporters faking the vaccination. Still legal to burn cities at the end of the George Floyd trial though...
    Do you have a link? I am curious what law this would fall under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk