Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
    Still, nobody has explained the best way to shoot the knife out of the bad guy's hands.
    You have to pay for that level of knowledge!
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Brent

What about a “taint stabbing with the Heretic” discussion.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Still chuckling 'bout the Shake Weight....

shakeweight.jpg
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
    Still, nobody has explained the best way to shoot the knife out of the bad guy's hands.
    All I am going to say is that it involves the Spetnaz ballistic knife. If you want the rest you have to cough up the bitcoins.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Brent

What about a “taint stabbing with the Heretic” discussion.
    $30 via PayPal and everyone can get all the taint discussion they want!

ok, TECHNICALLY I don’t mention it at all in the videos, but every thing about face stabbing applies to taints as well!
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    but every thing about face stabbing applies to taints as well!
    That's what she said.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I replied “wrong” to being told it will not happen to tie up and clinch. What’s the better plan? Stand there and take stabs? Tie up attacking weapon arm is your ONLY option. You can’t counterdraw your own weapon without controlling that arm first. This has been proven in countless FOF drills.

Quote Originally Posted by twinboysdad View Post
    I replied “wrong” to being told it will not happen to tie up and clinch. What’s the better plan? Stand there and take stabs? Tie up attacking weapon arm is your ONLY option. You can’t counterdraw your own weapon without controlling that arm first. This has been proven in countless FOF drills.
    A problem with tying-up an opponent’s blade hand, is that one is holding a cobra, that must be stuffed into its basket. Except that it is not a cobra, but a Hydra, sprouting more heads.

I must emphasize “hand,” and the blade in it, rather than “arm.” I am no expert, of ANY kind, but I was born somewhat ambidextrous, so tying up my weapon arm does not keep me from plucking that weapon, be it gun or blade, from the hand of my “tied-up” arm/hand, and and then using my alternate hand to wield the weapon, before my opponent can reset his realization, and react to it.

Again, I am not an expert. I am not attempting to provide any person with a “better plan.” I am certainly not saying that one should stand there and take stabs.

One of the better-known FMA pioneers, whose name I do not recall, at this moment, who fought against the occupying Japanese during WW2, showed a group of students a drill, that included a movement to behead an opponent, immediately followed by another movement to sever the opponent’s blade arm. One of the students asked the teacher why the blade arm needed to be severed, when the opponent’s head had already been removed. The teacher replied with words to the effect that the opponent’s blade arm remained a danger, until it was dealt with. My take-away was that, first, the beheading movement might fail, so one should immediately follow-up by severing the arm, but, also, secondly, that a movement that had already been programmed, by the brain, might well continue for that fraction of a second after the brain is separated from the body. That is how deadly the blade hand can be, even for some moment of time after the brain has been disconnected.

This is humbly submitted, as, again, I am not an expert, of any kind. I have attended some serious, practical-oriented blade get-togethers, but have never become a regular student in any of the established blade arts. As a police patrol officer, I considered it “good business” to have some exposure to blade training.
    Have Colt, will travel.

Fighting with a machete in a jungle...in a fight you are going to and know is going to happen is one thing. This is another. You really want to "tie up"? Look at these videos...again.

Not me. My strategy is simple...I have foot work to maintain status quo...distance. I am muscular enough and agile enough that I can knock over somebody, or move them into the path of my attacker if I want to. I always carry a firearm and ignore signs left and right. The moment I sense a physical attack, I am going to pull the 60 year old retired cop and go to guns immediately. Try to take me down, I will shoot you in the face and anywhere else I have access to. Throw a punch, I will slip it and guns...if I punch your teeth into your windpipe without shooting you in the mouth, consider yourself blessed.

THAT is the only real way to win here...Knife against knife? I am not going to do that. These are not fucking duels. WATCH PLEASE.

Tell me how you use FMA or wrestling for this - I honestly want to know cuz I could be totally wrong. All of these involved more than just one guy...and only one seemed to brew into explosion.

And before anyone says, "well yeah...but that is prison", I will ask if you think you are going to be shanked by a Pastor, or a Shoe Salesman? The place where real knife fighting is happening in the world and the USA is not in martial arts schools...its in prisons.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7s37ze

https://www.corrections1.com/close-quarter-combat/articles/video-shows-brutality-of-knife-attack-on-ohio-inmates-95YUaSjUVudQ4KQl/

https://www.corrections1.com/archive/videos/prison-shanking-JWwjytIIGnDM14SA/

Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 04-05-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

That last point can't be stated too many times. Knife fighting isn't happening on dojos, it's happening in PRISONS. If you want to learn about it, there are countless hours of surveillance footage. That's what knife fighting looks like and it's nothing like the stupid "knife defense" crap I learned in respectable dojos.