Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rifle storage in SUV

Just ordered a new Toyota 4Runner and interested in best practices and tools for storing, concealing and keeping long guns secure. Looking at trunk vaults for road trips and also in-cab access for AR Pistol or side folder. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

HONESTLY WHEN I HAD MINE, BEFORE MY INSURANCE DECIDED TO BEND ME OVER AND FUCK ME SIX WAYS FROM SUNDAY, I JUST HAD THESE HOOKS THAT I GOT FROM LUCID OPTICS THAT ATTACH TO THE HEADREST AND WOULD HOLT THE RIFLES VERTICALLY BEHIND THE FRONT SEAT. NOTHING FANCY BUT CAN SNATCH A RIFLE OFF THEM PRETTY QUICKLY. IF TOMMY IS FLOATING AROUND IN HERE HE MAY HAVE SOME MORE INSIGHT SINCE HES BEEN RUNNING HIS 4RUNNER A LOT LONGER THAN I HAD THE CHANCE TO

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I'm thinking these are the the hooks you speak of? https://www.lucidoptics.com/product/...ics-snap-rack/ Interesting, simple but interesting.

Tag for interest, I need a good solution when off roading

Quote Originally Posted by Brigrat View Post
    I'm thinking these are the the hooks you speak of? https://www.lucidoptics.com/product/...ics-snap-rack/ Interesting, simple but interesting.
    THATS THEM, I CAN OFFER THEM IN STORE AT A BETTER PRICE POINT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. KEEP IN MIND THEY ONLY WORK WITH POST-MOUNTED HEADRESTS. IF YOU HAVE A BUILT IN HEADREST, YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ATTACHMENT POINT

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    THATS THEM, I CAN OFFER THEM IN STORE AT A BETTER PRICE POINT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. KEEP IN MIND THEY ONLY WORK WITH POST-MOUNTED HEADRESTS. IF YOU HAVE A BUILT IN HEADREST, YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ATTACHMENT POINT
    I would purchase a set from the store.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Those Lucid hooks look pretty interesting and should work in my Cherokee and 'Burb too. What holds the bottom of the rifle though, do they just rest on the floor or is there some other containment device? With they way I drive and some of the logging roads around here, I can see the rifle bouncing around all over the place if the butt isn't restrained.

THERE IS NOTHING TO RESTRICT THE BOTTOM FROM MOVING. MY VEHICLES ALL HAVE FOLDING REAR SEATS, WHICH USUALLY ARE FOLDED SO CASH CAN FIT IN BACK WHICH HOLDS IT IN PLACE FOR ME

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

OKAY, IF ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH THEM, THEY ARE UP IN THE STORE NOW, $9.99
    https://suarezinternational.com/lucid-optics-snap-rack/

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    SEMPER FI

Gotta admit, I don’t have anything special in my Runner. Those are interesting though! Of course you bring em up now that my order just shipped haha!
    My current solution (with a Hyena) is to tuck the muzzle into the back pocket of the passenger seat and then just run a bungee around the headrest post and SBA brace.
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."