Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Ahh yes and they are very sexy but what I saw was a Colt 9mm 7.5” upper. Can’t remember where though. Thanks!
    PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! GOOD JOB MEN AND GOD BLESS!
    " Remember the face of your Father." - Roland DesChain
    " Don't Believe Everything You Think " - Bumper Sticker

6223EE8E-D2F6-45A7-98D5-137DF6324EFC.jpg Not tested to the extreme but whoever makes the palmetto state armory mags(probably metalform) does a good job, they all feed just fine.
    Last edited by crushgrip; 05-02-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Text added
    PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! GOOD JOB MEN AND GOD BLESS!
    " Remember the face of your Father." - Roland DesChain
    " Don't Believe Everything You Think " - Bumper Sticker

What's the barrel finish on the DOE 5.5 inch barrel?

4.5 said nitride, just curious if it's the same for the 5.5 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar01 View Post
    What's the barrel finish on the DOE 5.5 inch barrel?

4.5 said nitride, just curious if it's the same for the 5.5 barrel.
    as much as possible with availability, we try to use black nitride barrels

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

A nice complete DOE upper and 20-round Metalwork mag arrived from SI yesterday. After installing folding sights, a Holosun 507, a hand stop and the 9mm mag block in a lower, this handy little tool is ready to roll. This morning, with limited time and ammo available, I quickly zeroed for 10 yards, and confirmed solid hits at 25 yards.

I also had my Glock 17 PDW and Beretta CX4 Storm carbine to run head-to-head with the DOE 9.

The G17 works very well, is accurate and lightweight, but it fits a very narrow niche.

The Beretta is large bur lightweight, reliable and accurate (despite the plastic fire control parts). The only adaptability possible is whether or not to install an optic. <I just recalled, the high-mass telescoping bolt, along with the lightweight plastic stock, has a rather abrupt recoil impulse, far more noticeable than the 9mm AR>

The AR DOE 9 is accurate, very compact and far more rugged than the other two units. This thing is a keeper! Next week, I'll verify zero with the 148 grain subsonic and suppressor.
    Last edited by Popshot; 06-25-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9