Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    You guys notice how I simply stay totally out of some discussions these days?
    teddy.jpg
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    You guys notice how I simply stay totally out of some discussions these days?
    Indeed. The overall quality of discussions has gone down in the last year, another casualty of the rona, and is driven by brain leeches that want to be spoon fed information for free and are only worthy of shit posting in. Not to mention topics that have existing past threads that could be found by a quick search.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Indeed. The overall quality of discussions has gone down in the last year, another casualty of the rona, and is driven by brain leeches that want to be spoon fed information for free and are only worthy of shit posting in. Not to mention topics that have existing past threads that could be found by a quick search.
    Fiddling while Rome burns when what should be discussed is how someone could say “Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet!” Not sure where peoples’ minds are. Maybe it isn’t minds, maybe loyalties. Then again I hope I’m wrong and the real dilemma is trying to figure out who the masked singer is.
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

There are absolutely topics worth of discussion. Things like profiling the emerging enemies over the last couple years and to progress they have made in setting up support infrastructure, advancement in skills and gear and more. Too big of a majority of the right and or the traditional gun community stick to the idea that the commies are a bunch of untrained idiots with sks, no skill and could be confused with hippos. There's also a lot of things that shouldn't be discussed to avert the eyes of mordor. Especially with the morons in charge now.

With all the restrictions and people afraid to travel due to fear all of the projected classes keep falling through. The Dark Arts classes and the alumni classes are ones I was looking at. The Dark Arts for holes in skills and the alumni classes for making connections and picking up a thing or two. I'd be excited if there was a class that hiking a couple hours into the bush before being held or would take place during the hike. That sort of thing would have a very limited market though. I have a very dim outlook on the coming summer and beyond.
    Geek Warlord

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    TWOTU edition

TWOTU since May 2015

What people don't realize is that I will not be doing "Dark Arts" as an open enrollment class. And posting here for twenty years won't vet anyone. We have to know you before we allow you into some of these classes.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Not surprising.
    Geek Warlord

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    TWOTU edition

TWOTU since May 2015

And like I said...I expect to do TWO classes this year later as we get into Fall. By then ammo will be normal, or we will be in a shooting war. One comprehensive "Everything I know To This Point" Red Dot Class. And one "Everything I know" Assault Rifle Class (and that is what I plan to call it too).
    Gabriel Suarez

On knives...and to put things in perspective, I prevailed in a couple of fights where the bad guy attacked with a knife I didn't even see...so I know a thing or two about this. As well as befriending a legit convict (turned believer) some years ago that confided to a good degree of experience as well in "prison shanking".

And on top of all this I studied various systems of blades including FMA, MBC, Keating's Bowie (licensed to teach it no less), and European Epee.

My 2021 Rules of the knife

1). There is no such thing as "defensive knife" or "defense against a knife". You either attack and try to stab the shit out of the oter guy, or move quickly and counter attack with whatever you have so your shit doesn't get stabbed out. That is it. If you are feeble, fat, or otherwise unable to bring explosive violence to the discussion, its too bad for you.

2). What do you need to use the knife well? Speed, Surprise, and murderous intent. Not into mincing words. It is what it is. Nothing "elegant" about it.

3). Its not dueling, its not mutually agreed upon combat, its not gentlemanly, and its not westside story. It is kill by surprise, and avoidance of same. Anyone that "flashes a knife", or waves it around, like that popular African system that was being discussed here years ago, will get his face, heart and guts blown out by a magazine of 9mm. Everyone in the USA carries guns people...even where its illegal. Wake up to that fact please.

4). There is no four. Have a knife, be able to get it in your hand covertly and justify using it proactively. And proactively means violently not artfully. And if you are the recipient of same, be able to move and use as much counter violence as you can. If you are the mild mannered dad bod dude, excessively focused on being the grey man, that can't bring himself to use the word motherfucker in a sentence, I dunno what to tell you.

One more thing...it is easier to justify your shots as necessary than it is to justify how many stabs you delivered...for those who care about that sort of thing.

Knife training?

Go do sprints
    Go lift weights
    Get your outlaw mind right
    Tap into your inner dark evil side.

Everything else is kind of superfluous.
    Gabriel Suarez

As to superfluity (yup, that's a real word) there is a limited "ignore" option on this website. I can't find one that allows me to ignore certain topics, and when you log in you're still prompted to review older postings that you have chosen not to open. I'll keep trying, though.

Anyone wants to "ignore" me, feel free.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Bro, every piece of advice you’ve received so far has been excellent. Even the crude replies. Hard and fast stabbing is where it’s at, as well as knowing when to initiate the attack or counter-attack. In all the classes I’ve been in, for every system, the full-contact sessions ALWAYS devolved into monkey-stabbing between both parties.... even when both guys were of very high skill level. Why? Because the fancy stuff just didn’t work when things got intense.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.