Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    And NO...we aren't going to show you ANY of this for free. If somebody reading this wants to learn from Brent, send him an envelope with cash...Fed Ex, and he will be happy to spend some Zoom time with you.

Otherwise, go play free games with the tappy tappy crowd on YT.

Transmission ends.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    And NO...we aren't going to show you ANY of this for free. If somebody reading this wants to learn from Brent, send him an envelope with cash...Fed Ex, and he will be happy to spend some Zoom time with you.

Otherwise, go play free games with the tappy tappy crowd on YT.

Transmission ends.
    Uhh...I didn't think you would. He already said you pay to see the footage, but I just checked the on-demand page, and I didn't see anything knife-specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    Uhh...I didn't think you would. He already said you pay to see the footage, but I just checked the on-demand page, and I didn't see anything knife-specific.
    I will send you a PM
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

I've learned lots of useless "knife fighting" in dojos. I learned a priceless gem from a felon who won enough to get old. Here it is.

Carry it where you can get it in your hand fast and practice getting it in your hand fast and stabbing like a sewing machine.

Much like pistol practice; draw, sight picture, trigger press is the most important drill. The first shot that hits something important generally being the most important. The base is the same. Get your grip on the tool strong and fast. Difference is that instead of sight and press, you hit. Stabbing being a sort of punching motion. Also the follow through is cyclical motion, debilitation generally demands lots of holes.

That's it. Brutal and simple. I'm told that in prisons all around the world men practice this "technique" with "training knives" than can be rolled up paper or a carrot or whatever. Slip in in their waist band, pull it, run it, repeat.
    Last edited by jlwilliams; 03-20-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Great conversation.
    Thanks to everyone for their input.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I will send you a PM
    Thank you!

Get strong

learn to stab fast and a lot
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Gentlemen--I understand how a knife works. I'm asking about actual documented combative systems that make knife work more efficient.

Proactive knife use is easy. Surreptitiously access the weapon and stab hard and fast. You really don’t NEED training...though there are some helpful things to know and practice.

Reactive use is more tricky. AGAINST a knife, it is all about moving, getting away as best you can, and drawing a pistol. This is no time to get in a knife duel, much less hands vs knife.

Reactive use WITH a knife is all about accessing it quickly and successfully deploying it. This is why folders are of limited value in so many circumstances (which is not a recommendation against carrying one, just a realization of its limitations). Fixed blades are better in every way, the only exception is that they are not as convenient.

Using the knife once it is out is no big trick (though it is a good thing to know more than just being a sewing machine). The trick is getting it out in the first place.

This is why, for reactive use, the sheath and the handle are more important than the blade.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

~~~whiney voice~~~

”But Brent that is not a system. Must have system!!!”
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.