Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Adding to what Benjamin and Brent have said above, One way to learn how to use a knife is to study knife defences.

As I've heard it--Libre is good for making short work of vital areas with a blade and positional blinding tactics (some of which is applicable for less-than-lethal with blunter weapons), Piper for feigning and universally applicable with anything that's pointy without a blade, and MBC when limbs get in the way or its a unique situation in which you're not looking to kill the guy.

Thanks for the Amok suggestion! Is there footage available of amok I can practice on a BOB?
    Last edited by Shogunater; 03-19-2021 at 02:23 PM.

If one isn’t willing to pay for some instruction, least you can do is do your own youtube search when you’re looking for free video.

Oh, I guess time is a valuable commodity...

Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Looking forward to Brent’s videos.

You might look for James Keating as well.

INCONVENIENT TRUTHS

1. You will not see the knife, nor know you are in a knife fight.

2. Street knives are small and sharp. Leverage disarms wont work well.

3. There isnt much art in running up to someone and sticking a sharpened screw driver in his neck, gut, or ass.

4. Shoot him the first chance you get. Most gun people wont stand a chance against a pissed off thug intent on using his sticker on them.

4. The best "defense" is to not be there. The best disarm is to take it from his dead hand.

5. Only a fool intentionally goes hand to hand unarmed against a blade.

6. I am NOT AT ALL SOLD on bio mechanical cuttong...at least not with a 3 - 4 inch blade.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    INCONVENIENT TRUTHS

1. You will not see the knife, nor know you are in a knife fight.

2. Street knives are small and sharp. Leverage disarms wont work well.

3. There isnt much art in running up to someone and sticking a sharpened screw driver in his neck, gut, or ass.

4. Shoot him the first chance you get. Most gun people wont stand a chance against a pissed off thug intent on using his sticker on them.

4. The best "defense" is to not be there. The best disarm is to take it from his dead hand.

5. Only a fool intentionally goes hand to hand unarmed against a blade.

6. I am NOT AT ALL SOLD on bio mechanical cuttong...at least not with a 3 - 4 inch blade.
    In case the importance of this was missed, or you stopped reading after the title.
    If anyone you don't know--or someone you know too well--runs at you or just gets into your bubble with no good reason or any reason at all, OODA better become ODA and you better get your ass in gear. Be prepared to sacrifice a hand, arm or leg until you recover.
    Last edited by Papa; 03-19-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

There is nothing defensive about using a knife, IMO. It is all about ATTACK.

And it’s not complicated. In fact, it’s pretty easy. It’s all about stabbing hard and fast. You really don’t need training to be dangerous with a knife. Though a trained man will stab faster and harder than an untrained man...and will likely be better about getting out of the way of another knife.

Using the knife as a DEFENSIVE weapon gets into the realm of fencing. Training for that is all well and good, but fencing is a DUEL. Knife dueling today is for fools and fans of dead pedo music videos.

72FEB2F9-859F-4255-AD8C-55004B6A7BC9.jpeg
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

You mean it not going to be Sharks vs. Jets????
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Purchase the vids from Brent's Heretic class!! I took the class and it was exceptional. Brent's stuff translates 90% to the knife; and you should have an alternative "tool" such as the Heretic for NPE environments, anyway.

I feel like you ask a lot of questions about where to get information, but you never follow through with the study, the training, and, yeah, the purchase of quality info. Most of the secret squirrel tricks aren't secret... they just involve a lot of time and practice!

I can understand. I am in fact doing all the above. I know they're not secret squirrel, but the good stuff is also taught and maintained by a small segment of the population, ain't that easy to find. I met a guy recently by chance, who taught me some simple knife work I probably would have never learned otherwise.

I'll look into Brent's footage now....is it not up yet?
    Last edited by Shogunater; 03-19-2021 at 09:04 PM.