Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    False alarm on the copper crap. I just got home and took the slide off to look. I was thinking of the gold-ish color on the whodayacallit that strips a round out of the magazine into the chamber. (That might pose a red flag in itself, but it's not what I was thinking of earlier.) Attached a few pics of the internals and the exterior.20210315_143009.jpg20210315_143023.jpg20210315_143033.jpg
    20210315_142953.jpg

Top pic in my last post was the one I thought had the copper stuff, but obviously does not. Just dawned on me that might be brass rub-off from rounds in the magazine, as the slide cycles? Even my well-used, well-cleaned VP9 (carry gun for the last four and a half years) has some of that in the same place.

ok, so its definitely not one of our guns. just the slide assembly and the frame has our trigger in it with what looks like our old ccw magwell

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

ON ANY USED PISTOL OR SLIDE - I THINK IT IS IMPERATIVE TO DO THE FOLLOWING

1). Replace the firing pin, firing pin safety, and springs. Why, because you do not know really how many rounds have been fired and what if anything, the past owner has done to "improve" the trigger. We have all those parts in the store. They can make your pistol unsafe if they are worn out.

2). Use the orange armorer plate and verify trigger engagement is as it should be
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    ok, so its definitely not one of our guns. just the slide assembly and the frame has our trigger in it with what looks like our old ccw magwell
    Got it. Just out of curiosity, what things specifically tip you off that it's not one you guys built? (The guy I bought it from indicated he got the pistol probably a year and a half to two years ago (might have been a bit longer, memory is a little fuzzy), carried it for a year, and has had it sitting in his safe since, having gone back to his old 1911 love, in the form of an STI Staccato. Timing might make a difference in slide design, etc., I know, as the current SI slides do look a bit different.)

And Gabe, duly noted re: replacing certain parts and springs. I haven't detail-stripped it, and a field strip and close look indicates that things haven't been tampered with; but then again, I'm no expert on this stuff, and I might not recognize things that have been messed with, to be sure. Slide and trigger lockup are definitely solid, but again, I don't know what I don't know, that is for sure. Definitely going to get an armorer slide plate and will also scrutinize the parts kits available. I was thinking of getting some extra parts anyway (one reason I wanted to get another Glock in the first place—easier to find parts for decent prices and easy to install them).
    Last edited by Faramir2; 03-15-2021 at 08:25 PM.

I think he is telling you to replace some stuff just do it. Dosnt matter if they put it together or not.... It honestly dosnt matter, just change parts for safety and carry it everyday.... Not that big of a deal...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

I had one I put 15000 rounds through, it didnít look like it... I sold it to a person that maybe put 100 through it... It will be fine for them, but if heís saying it just change out the parts, even if they did build it, has it been tampered with??? Nobody knows....

Good point, and I was more just thinking out loud. And yeah, I definitely don't want to carry an unsafe gun.

Peace of mind bro...

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Peace of mind bro...
    Indeedy.

Got an order in for the parts (and a couple other things), so once that's confirmed, we'll get this thing rocking and rolling. Holster on the way, too, so hopefully by this weekend I'll have enough dry practice and new parts in to put the thing in my belt and move forward.