Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Used SI-319 Question

I've got an opportunity to snag an SI 319 from someone via Armslist and am 90% of the way there on making the purchase (just triple-checking my numbers to make sure it's a fiscally responsible decision). Seller says it only has about 300 rounds through it. Any internal components I should be particularly concerned about checking on and can do with a function check and field strip, other than the trigger bar?

300 rounds is the equivalent of buying a car with a couple thousand miles on the clock. Basically new. Just clean it, and enjoy!
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." — Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." — Martin Luther

My only concern would be did the selling "build" it or did he buy it. If he built it I'd make certian of every part he used. Gabe has a few vids out where he addresses guns that have been sent into SI for various issues. The vids reveal that some guys cannot leave well enough alone and they use a mixture of parts from various manufactures that are not compatible thinking they can "make it better" which results in a unsafe gun.

I like the car anology. I'd only add that a used SI pistol is like buying a used race car. If it was built by a professional with proper parts you should be good. If not you're just buying someone else's headache.

If in doubt just buy it from the store.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Confirming my intuitions. 300 rounds is virtually nothing, so parts wear would be minimal, if that.

Psalms23dad, thanks for the suggestion about making sure on the parts. Seller's description indicates he used all SI internals for upgrades, but I'll make sure to confirm that.

Sounds like you have a handle on it. Check the critical stuff and make sure garbage parts aren't in it. If you aren't sure you know where to get the good stuff.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

If you buy it, send it in and we will take a look at it. If there's anything in question we will let you know

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Went ahead and bought it, and the internals look pristine. Still some of the copper-colored factory lubricant stuff on the underside of the slide, below the striker channel. The seller said he talked with Gabe himself and had all the SI internals done. I did some dry work with it, looked at the internals, and took it to the range to zero the red dot (just needed to move it five clicks right at 10 yards). So, we're off to the races.

I can already tell this thing will be an improvement for my skills. I was dismayed at some of my grouping, but I wasn't yet accustomed to the gun, haven't shot live fire in ages, and haven't yet gotten accustomed to the red dot. So, consistently pushing down low-left. But when I did my job, that thing was all shots touching without even putting any effort in. That gun can outshoot me. Now time to do lots and lots of dry practice. Got a Tenicor Velo4 on the way and am going to buy some extra magazines and an extension from the store (gun seller included three Glock OEM mags still in the packaging with the pistol, so I'll buy two or three more and an extension for my secondary mag).

I'll shoot it again after a ton of dry practice and see how my realistic groups look and push out to some distance. I set a target out at 25 yards and realized then how much my skills had atrophied, even anticipating the recoil like a noob. Good reminder and kick in the pants to train dry and do the pistol katas.

i'll go ahead and say if its got that copper shit on it, we didn't put it there, got a pic of the pistol?

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I was going to say, the dude probably only took to to the range once.... Most people don’t even use there stuff...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Chinese copy....:)
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....