Default PISTOL SCHOOL - PROACTIVE RELOAD

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Always good to revisit the basics. I break out the old DVD’s on a regular basis as a refresher on the foundational material. Good to see the basics haven’t changed.
    - I am not in danger. I AM the danger.

- Keep your rifle by your side.

I still do it the same, I still cycle after too... You never know, can you count your ammo with people shooting at you during an adrenaline dump? Hearing click in a very bad moment could be life changing.... There is no stop watch or time out in real life...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

People have commented on me doing that btw... I explain why, and they understand... Mainly I done so many reloads with rifle and pistols I canít help it anyways....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

In the Corps we would call them tactical reloads, but it doesn't really matter what it is called as long as you learn the skills. I have not cycled the slide in that training, but your explanation makes complete sense and I am going to start doing that when practicing.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Thanks for all the great content and the emphasis on caveman-simple. Reloads that require high dexterity or complex indexing under stress have always struck me as impractical and more like range theatrics than pragmatic foundational skills.