Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default Expanded Vaccine Rollout

So news today says there will be enough available dosage by the end of May to vaccinate the whole population of the US. Assuming this happens, do we expect a return to normal by the autumn? Or some new liberty curtailment of some sort? Or rationalization to keep on with current restrictions even after vaccination is very widespread?

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    So news today says there will be enough available dosage by the end of May to vaccinate the whole population of the US. Assuming this happens, do we expect a return to normal by the autumn? Or some new liberty curtailment of some sort? Or rationalization to keep on with current restrictions even after vaccination is very widespread?
    Oh...now that we see how easy it was to control and corral an entire population, I expect more of this at strategic times. And in some sectors, I do not see much changing. It is all ridiculous, and for nothing. I personally know over 40 people that have had the Rona and turning what was a great nation into Pussy-Karen-Ville over it is a tragedy of historical proportions.

BTW, my apologies to you over that other thread. Its been a day.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I will be happy to tell them what they can do with my dose.

The willingness of the population to turn compliant has been disturbing. The enthusiasm with which many turned Stasi is scary.

In related news Michigan’s Health and Human Services director abruptly resigned and got a big severance and a confidentiality agreement to go with it. Recent Covid restrictions were on his authority after our courts said the governor didn’t have the authority. It will be interesting to see how investigations and suits filed over that payout shake out.

I am more worried about the economy. We shut it down and now there is nearly a 2 trillion dollar funding bill out there without a tax base and yet the treasury is going to issue checks.
    I have not seen the break down of the bill, but expect that besides needy people, a lot of businesses will also be feeding out of the governmental trough.

Quote Originally Posted by M_P_E View Post
    If you think this is about the virus, you haven't been paying attention. It's not about the Kung Flu, it never has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    If you think this is about the virus, you haven't been paying attention. It's not about the Kung Flu, it never has been.
    No, that it isn't entirely about COVID seems clear. A new tool was found and put to use in response to a particular problem, that being a respiratory virus, but this won't be the last use of it. But the thing with having a new tool is that after the initial reason for buying the new tool is completed (you fix your carburetor, put in a new fuse box, vaccinate for a respiratory virus, etc.), you either need to already have an additional use for it or you need to find one. Simply carrying it around or using it for unrelated purposes is not going to work, and will make you look absurd and you will lose credibility.

My question, and perhaps it is pure speculation at this point, concerns what additional use it will be put to or what new conditions for its use will be created. I do not foresee stay at home orders or business shutdowns being implemented again without at least some pretext.

Environmental crisis? Air pollution control lockdowns (sincd SAH orders clearly reduced vehicle miles traveled and resultant exhaust fumes going into the atmosphere)? Civil unrest/racial justice SAH orders after some of the upcoming trials (e.g. Chauvin)? In response to another contagious virus issue?

I can see lock downs being extended with new versions of the virus.
    Dave

"If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Klaus Schwab of WEF fame, on commenting on the empty streets in cities made the comment that lockdowns should be used for climate change. New use for the weapon. I guess CO2 is the villain, but there is no connection between CO2 and increase in temperature going back 65 million years to date. Plenty of data to back that up. Even the former head of Greenpeace agrees. Just like the Covid scare, another big lie. The entire scenario is losing traction as more and more people wake up to the truth. Covid cases have increased substantially in Israel with widespread dispersion of the vaccine. Seeing their propaganda failing, they will do what all stupid tyrants do, tighten the screws. All of it is seen as necessary for enabling the Great Reset. I do what I can to get the word out, but where I live, I find I am preaching to the choir.

Eventually, people will do one or the other

1). Submit and obey whatever they are told to do and adopt all the phrases of the party...We are all in this together, et al.

2). They will rebel and say "No more".

a). The opposition will take steps to enforce their illegal directives under color of authority...or they will ignore those whom they realize will be too costly to subjugate

b). If they take the former actions, those who are armed, have had enough, and refuse to accept their authority to ruin lives, will prevail because the opposition will not want to pay such a costly price just to close a business. Think of it... when they trried to close a gym it would cost them three men. After a while...gyms would be ignored.

c). If they take the latter action, we win.

Unless you are in Cali, NY or one of those already communist places.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters