Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw76 View Post
    Urination would seem to be very problematic

jim
    Does armor rust ???

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    I used to do some re-enacting and SCA heavy combat fighting (two very different things, but both involve getting suited head to toe in heavy padding and metal). I can confirm after an hour in the summer heat, all that padding under the actual armor gets HOT and stifling. Staying hydrated is paramount.

Thereís no way around it... medieval armor is miserable to wear. Not because itís constraining.... itís not at all if itís properly fitted to you. But because its like being wrapped in a blanket in the heat of summer, while engaged in hard physical activity (fighting).
    Modern Kevlar is warm also.
    I remember doing a cleanup project at the Beltsville MD Secret Service training area in july. One would see those trainees in white ninja suits carrying what looked like an MP5 running in the afternoon sun. They did not look comfortable.
    The armor of the Muslims that fought the knights in the holy land seems to have been less.
    The Turks may have at times worn more armor when fighting in temperate areas.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Modern Kevlar is warm also.
    Oh my yes. Easy to drop poundage just wearing duty gear on a hot day. Add a helmet and full armor and you end up looking like a turtle wearing his big brother's shell.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    Does armor rust ???
    Yes.

I was sweating just watching him don that gear. I can't imagine running around the middle east dressed like that.
    Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
    be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
    an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MesserMan View Post
    I used to do some re-enacting and SCA heavy combat fighting (two very different things, but both involve getting suited head to toe in heavy padding and metal). I can confirm after an hour in the summer heat, all that padding under the actual armor gets HOT and stifling. Staying hydrated is paramount.

Thereís no way around it... medieval armor is miserable to wear. Not because itís constraining.... itís not at all if itís properly fitted to you. But because its like being wrapped in a blanket in the heat of summer, while engaged in hard physical activity (fighting).

I used to do the same. Squires tourney in August. One fight after another. Loved it, but had to down the water to stay fighting for the whole thing.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!