Default experience with aftermarket hard tops on Jeep Wrangler

Back story I have opportunity to pick up a relatively late model (2018 I think ) with roughly 35k miles on it at a price I think is quite reasonable. It was a guys toy, always kept in pole shed. I like everything about it except it's a soft top. He says aftermarket hard tops are plentiful, and quick google search tends to make me agree.

My question, Is there anything I need to know about aftermarket hard tops? I assume getting the absolute correct year and trim level is critical.
    Also this is the short jeep not the big 4 door.

Thanks gents

Call a few wrecker shops in your area that do pick 'n pull, if you're willing to give it some time. Find 2-3 bigger yards and ask around as to who else you should call. I've successfully gotten color matched BMW hood, a Z300 door and Subaru passenger seat this way for ~30% of what new from the parts department would have run me. Also consider posting up on a local jeep forum if you want to go 100% hard top, you may find someone who wants to swap.

Al
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI