Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I nominate 'Hrunting was a sword given to Beowulf by Unferth ' or simply call it beowulf.
    Hrunting could be tempting except for the fact that it ultimately failed Beowulf when fighting Grendel's mother and he discarded it. There are some who say Unferth gave him the sword knowing it would fail or that he did it as a way to avoid going to battle himself. It would be better to use the Sword of Eotens; The sword made by giants and used by Beowulf to kill Grendel's mother.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Since I am a Mo ty Python from way back I suggest we call it.

“Biggus Dickus”
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

I’m thinking rifle, not pistol, in this application. To me the .308 leaves too much on the table in shorter barrels. But, others may need the compactness, and may not need the same reach as others. (Terrain dictates, no?). That said, adjustable gas block is a must. I love Lawdog’s suggestion of the 4 position set up. Free float, m-lok, rail on top. Does White Oak do .308? I’ve been impressed with my 5.56 from you guys. Perhaps have options for a bare bones gun that allows the customer to do their own thing in terms of muzzle device, stock, grip etc. Then have a few Suarez selectable parts available, with installation, that you feel “are best” and of course, make you money. It’s too much trouble to have every conceivable combination, but there may be some components that fit both your business model and this weapon. Good luck! I would be interested!

Some good points everyone. One thing is that it must be a viable product. I know one thing we discuss at HQ regularly is that we could make all manner of cool things...but not all cool things sell. In order for it to be a viable product it has to be reasonably priced. I could assemble something so cool and effective that everyone wants it...but nobody buys it due to cost. Example was Cooper's Scout Rifle. Ir was never an economic success until Steyr and then Ruger got their hands on it. So....

Barrels...yeah...agreed. That will be the bulk of the cost. I want to keep it at 16", and dont want a heavy barrel. We will see the dynamics of how we manage that.

Handguard...agreed...super light, free float Mlok.

The rest will have to be evaluated.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Understandable. A tried and true method for coming up with system requirements is to design a pie in the sky system and then scale it back to fit reality. lol. Profitability is always a main factor for the reasons you stated.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

I’m wondering, once it is designed and available, how many posts we will see of “lookin whut I built in muh basement” “just as good as” “look how little I spent “ posts we are going to see.

I have seen a lot of great ideas here and a few not so much.

One idea that intrigues me is the 4 position gas block. I need a gun that will run no matter what I feed it within reason. So it has to run 168-190 gr at a minimum and also needs to be able to run the ubiquitous 147gr military ball either suppressed or unsupressed.

Is this actually possible? I have no idea. I’ll leave that to Gabe and his team to determine.

Long round Mlock hand guard with a rail in the top also makes a ton is sense and the lighter weight the better.

I line the idea of ship it with something like an ACS and if the end user wants to swap it out let them and they can resell it or put it on another rifle.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Since I am a Mo ty Python from way back I suggest we call it.

“Biggus Dickus”
    What if "He's already got one?".

Another post mentioned if this would be sold as a complete upper assembly. The would probably interest me as I have an Aero lower sitting around naked at the moment.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

I don’t even know if they need to be free floated, with a long no nonsense long fore stock... Thin profile barrel and break, that same triangle front sight. Flat top receiver, good grip and nice magpul calapsable stock.... 16” good barrel, could be used for battle or Dmr, 1-6 or there abouts leupold.... Same thing we have been doing with the other systems but in a reliable ar platform...
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Remember even 2” groups is still 12” groups at 600 yards.... Just pointing that out so people don’t overthink group size, free floated barrel stuff. Some stuff is just unnecessary for 99.9% of the people out there.... Where will this system be used, probably 0-300 but with the power of 308. For an urban setting where wall and trucks and barriers are everywhere. 308 still is top dog in a combat rifle....
    Nothing says Fuck You like a shotgun.....

Keeping it simple: Aero receiver set, BCM BCG, 16" Ballistic Advantage Government profile barrel, B5 Systems SOPMOD stock, adjustable gas block, Smith Enterprises Vortex Flash Suppressor, La Rue makes the MBT trigger that is pretty nice without breaking the bank, same with CMMG internals. Fore end should be free floating, have an area to mount a front sight, and M-Lock for...stuff. Make and model can be any American company since it's not a structurally critical part.