Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be Cool

My signature has a quote from this very place which rings as true today as it did when I read it
    Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez

War is not moral...fighting of any sort, is not moral. It is about killing the adversary. So here is the rule. Do what you need to do to win...have a ready explanation to justify it according to whatever rules you are supposed to be playing with...work only with people you can trust or work alone...then stick to your story and keep your mouth shut.

Brentís words are wisdom.

Regardless of how one feels, remember your tradecraft and telegraphing. Weíve discussed this at length before. Iíve seen my IP spoofed twice already. To think something and to say something are certainly human rights and ones Iíve long fought for, but please remember timing and just because you can doesnít mean you should. In times like this, may I just advise you remember one word - Miranda. Maybe some of you will understand, maybe not.

For what itís worth.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Brent’s words are wisdom.

Regardless of how one feels, remember your tradecraft and telegraphing. We’ve discussed this at length before. I’ve seen my IP spoofed twice already. To think something and to say something are certainly human rights and ones I’ve long fought for, but please remember timing and just because you can doesn’t mean you should. In times like this, may I just advise you remember one word - Miranda. Maybe some of you will understand, maybe not.

For what it’s worth.
    Well....I hope you wont be investigating us one day. But if you will, there will be nothing but dead ends. You will know in your police heart...but there will be no evidence and so many credible alibis that you wont bother any further...but by that point...I suspect you and your brother will already be insurgents...but more...the head of insurgents.

Nothing else.will be said on that matter.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    People on this forum have been telling you for years what to do, how to do it, when to do it. We have been practically screaming at you to get your minds right, to get your body strong, to get your house in order. If you havenít been doing that, well...look in the mirror boys.
    Its true. I know more than a couple people whom are freaking out over... well everything in the last 12 months. They don't understand why I tend to not be that worked up and they wouldn't understand if I told them. I did all the stuff Brent has mentioned. Hell at this point I am just waiting around; Even excited at the prospect.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I have to remind myself of these things too. We all make mistakes, fall from our path, etc. But we get ourselves back on track asap.
    This.

Pick yourself up from your mistakes, learn from them, then move on. But don't dwell on them. Mistakes happen.

Strive to be perfect but never believe yourself to be perfect. If you believe yourself perfect then there's no reason to improve.

Brent, thank you for that and Jonathon as well. Be cool, smart, strategic and tactical. Now is the time to ensure your mind, body and soul are prepared, hopefully you have your logistics in hand. I have been thinking about what has transpired the the last few days and realize we must still work within the system, it is the only one we have. There might come a time when other means will be necessary, but not yet, however, to not be ready is a fool's errand. I had a friend come over who was at the DC protest on the front line and he needed to talk and some guidance, and during the conversation he asked, should he prepare or trust in the Lord to see us through. My wife and I answered as one, "Do Both!"
    Don Marbach
    Scottsdale, AZ

"Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge"

Austin 'Dusty' Miller, the quote on the Eagle & Fledgling statue at the U.S. Air Force Academy

Maybe Nobody can chime in again and perhaps Sua and others that have working knowledge. I was just crunching numbers to try and figure more specifically why folks in washington are so worried (aside from the obvious opportunity for a power grab)

76,000,000 Trump voters. Now that part is obvious, but I broke it down further based on general criminal data and approximate .mil data.

Lets say 30% are military aged males, and another 10% are "past their prime" but still capable thats 30,400,000 folks with an axe to grind and a degree of capability to do so

Now lets say 1 in 100 of those would take some role in planning, providing care and comfort or execution of their goal, 304,000 people folks

Of them lets say 1 in 100 are "lunatic fringe" or have a bucket list and would actively engage targets or individuals. 3040 people

In .mil you would have higher participation in a insurgency.

From a LE perspective, of your "criminal" types about half will use violence of some sort to complete/escape their crime. Of those about 1 in 10 will use heavy force, and of those about a third will flat out kill you to conduct or escape from their crimes. Much higher numbers than those discussed above, but also understand that the criminal element makes up a small percentage of the US populace at large.

If one had 300960 folks nation wide that one had to be concerned with, and 3040 actively targeting you our your operations, how would you respond to mitigate the risk?

In .mil try to disrupt command/control/communications initially, secondarily , befriend the and turn the noncombative population against the insurgent. Failing that make it too costly to assist the insurgent.

In .LE you jack up anyone known to associate with that gang and make it too costly to do business with them, in reality I bankrupted more badguys than I put in prison due to charging guidelines, and prosecutors made it much easier to seize or deny materials or funds than to put someone in prison, but if everytime you "re-up" on your supply we swoop in , seize it and anything you are carrying, driving, walking in, or wearing (yes I seized a guys entire collection of nikes, and versaci sunglasses before) , pretty soon you cant do business, and nobody in the business will front you materials.

What does one see happening now? Play it from both ends in your mind, understanding that both sides have goals and levels of commitment.

Maybe I should start this in another thread to discuss.
    Last edited by coastalcop; 01-11-2021 at 04:52 AM.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

100, thanks Brent.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

I needed to hear that.Printed and saved.Thanks Brent
    To be a Lion you must Train with Lions!

Warriors confront the evil that most people refuse to acknowledge!