Thread: Be Cool

Hybrid View

Default Be Cool

BE COOL

THINK. Think about what is going on, think about necessary adaptations. Think before you speak. Think before you act.

BREATHE. Before you emote all over social media, which does include this forum by the way, take a deep breath and remember all is not lost. Even as the ship is sinking, what good does it do to hyperventilate? Focus on what needs to be done. Focus on what needs to be said...and no, that doesnít mean spraying a pile of shit with sweet smelling perfume...truths must be pointed out, shared, notes compared with compatriots...but likewise donít be chicken little, running your mouth with sky-is-falling emotion. The sky may well indeed be falling, but that doesnít give you leave to act like a child. Be the man or woman you have always intended to be. Keep your head, demonstrate resolute thought and action.

PAY ATTENTION. Keep your eyes and ears open. And yes this often means reading and listening to voices you strongly disagree with. Are you the smartest person in the room? I have yet to meet the person that knows everything, or the person that demonstrates perfect wisdom. There was only ever one person that walked this earth that fits that description, so be humble and recognize you donít have all the answers, no one does. You can learn valuable things even from people you disagree with, even from people you despise.

RECOGNIZE. Recognize your friends. Admittedly, this is increasingly difficult to do. Too fucking bad, we do difficult things all the time (and if not, you need to fucking change that). Donít cut voices off just because you disagree with some things they say. Yes, it can be difficult to find that line, when does disagreement reach the point of irreconcilable differences? But someone who is on your side 80% of the time is a damn sight better than 100% opposed to your very existence. Be an adult and recognize good and reasonable people can disagree on a lot of important issues. Do your best to recognize a friend, no matter how difficult. And yes this even includes some people in the media...none are perfect but there are voices out there that speak wisdom, even if itís only 80% of the time. We need information, we need perspective, and we need to keep our heads about it.

And recognize your enemies. One positive note, this is getting easier to do. Just be careful not to lump your friends in there.

ďFORĒ IS STRONGER THAN ďAGAINSTĒ. Fighting FOR something is always stronger than fighting against something. Fighting the opposition spurs things, but fighting against is only reactive. Change the dynamic and push towards something better. Remember there is no defense, only attack and counter attack. Think on this.

GET STRONGER. Mentally. Spiritually. Physically. Quit wasting time and build your skills, resources, and networks. Donít lose your head. Keep your eyes firmly planted on a goal. Fucking do something rather than emoting like frightened prey online.

What are you going to accomplish TODAY? How will you get stronger TODAY?

Donít be a pussy.

Be cool.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Cool headed

Calm

Rational

Courageous

Level-headed

Non-emotional- this does not mean shut off your feelings and emotions. We are emotional beings, we are supposed to be and there is nothing wrong with that. But, those emotions must take a backseat to our mind. Letting your emotions run wild is the same as letting the monkey drive the bus.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Amazing post and needed to be said. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brent, perfect perspective!

This positive missive is an excellent example of leadership, and why we return to this place, day after day. Thank you.
    Lee

You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

Psalm 76:7-9

Thank you sensei
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

A wise man once said "do what you gotta do, then SHUT UP about it!"

I agree with it all and need to do it myself
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

100, thanks Brent.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD
    DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

I needed to hear that.Printed and saved.Thanks Brent
    To be a Lion you must Train with Lions!

Warriors confront the evil that most people refuse to acknowledge!

Great post Brent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor
    Texas LTC Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

I choose to live a peaceful life. It's not hard to change my mind.