Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DA 357 Magnum

Sweet looking Python 357 Mag. awesome shooting!

Python's are great guns or so I have heard!!!

I have been toying around with the idea of getting a S&W 627 Performance Center 2.6" .357 Magnum as another backup gun. I have never owned or even shot anything other than .45 ACPs and .44 Magnums in centerfire handguns. It might be nice to have the ability to shoot anything from mild .38 Special loads to hot full house .357 Magnums.
    “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    – Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

Really jones'ing for a 3" M13 or M65...
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Really jones'ing for a 3" M13 or M65...
    I agree, that is as good as it gets for a fighting revolver. A 3" model 13 was my EDC for many years. Primarily used now for when I'm out in the hills.
    I wish S&W still made the Model 65 Ladysmith.

Quote Originally Posted by NVSeabee View Post
    I agree, that is as good as it gets for a fighting revolver. A 3" model 13 was my EDC for many years. Primarily used now for when I'm out in the hills.
    I wish S&W still made the Model 65 Ladysmith.

Hey, Seabee, ET1 here. You should see the ridiculous prices they're getting for Lady Smiths on GB right now. For any 3" Smith, for that matter.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

A favorite uncle gave me a 65 3 inch that he'd robbed the innards out of for some project or other of his. I found the appropriate spare parts on gunparts, and got them installed and timed. It's a dandy little shooter.

I know, upwards of $1500 last time I looked. I have only seen two M65 Ladysmith and I bought both of them. One still has the original box, papers soft case etc. It has had very few rounds through it. The other I shoot and carry sometimes as it didn't have everything else with it. My granddaughters will have those someday.
    EO1

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    Hey, Seabee, ET1 here. You should see the ridiculous prices they're getting for Lady Smiths on GB right now. For any 3" Smith, for that matter.

I shoot my ruger security six better DA than any of my glocks