Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So on that note...nithing will happen for Sig this year...but in 2020...yes.

What other than milling (working on that) would you actually spend cash on?
    From a year ago but Id drop some nice cash on a fully customized Sig. I dont know them well enough to give particulars but something like a Sig version of your Guttersnipe/Gunfigter work on Glocks would be epic.
    Fuck Sniffy and Blowy. Never my president

I think a 226 slide on a 229 would be it, but there is an issue with locking lugs and barrels that we would have to work out
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    A question for the Sig guys...

My wife wants a Sig with the following characteristics:

SA/DA trigger (as opposed to striker fire or DAO)
    Manual safety
    Millable for an RMR
    G19 mid-size

any such model?
    what you are looking for is called an AREX Rex Zero 1CP. P229 size, SA/DA, ambi manual safety, deckocker and ambi mag release

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    what you are looking for is called an AREX Rex Zero 1CP. P229 size, SA/DA, ambi manual safety, deckocker and ambi mag release
    Does it run with SIG magazines?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Not last time I checked. Another gun SIG should have built in 1977.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I'm not aware of a 229 that also has an external safety. Maybe there's an obscure model or aftermarket mod but none I know of.

With a DA/SA, the long DA pull IS the safety.

I was training with Papa last week and he had a Sig 320 that had a manual safety installed. It was roughly G19 sized. He'll have to comment because I'm not familiar with it.
    Sorry, missed this first go-round. The 320 is actually an M18 with a modified 320 compact frame (I cut the slots for the safety levers). I find the result quite compact and comfortable. Popping the fire control unit into the new frame is quick and easy once you have the hang of it.

Wilson makes an aftermarket frame that doesn't require dremeling, which is a verb I think I just invented.

That said, the safety, though not difficult to disengage on the draw, requires that I break my firing grip. I've got big mitts and the safety pad ends up well back behind the big thumb knuckle, if that makes sense. YMMV. For the same reason, and because the thumb is weaker in that direction, it's hard to engage the safety. Not a deal breaker if you handle it like a G19 and ignore the safety once the fun starts.

I don't trust the safety largely because of so much trigger time with Glocks and M&Ps. So I'm reluctant to drop the M18 into a pocket or carry it without a holster.

Every time I look at it, especially the placement of the trigger, I think: "Why is this not a DA"?

M18A.jpg
    Last edited by Papa; 11-21-2020 at 09:45 PM.

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_two View Post
    Does it run with SIG magazines?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I could be wrong, but i have not come across any other firearm, other than a sig, that uses sig mags

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I've seen YT vids showing unmodified 226 mags will work in a P07, just won't lock open consistently.

Heck, SIG doesn't even have mag interchangeability with their own product lines.

Vale et omnia quae.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    I've seen YT vids showing unmodified 226 mags will work in a P07, just won't lock open consistently.

Heck, SIG doesn't even have mag interchangeability with their own product lines.
    The taurus g2 will also take 226 mags.

On another note, do you guys trust 226 mags in a 229? They wobble a little but in training with them I have never seen a malfunction yet.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

So.....I got a SIG US Mil 320 for the Junior Staffer destined for Space Force. Have been drilling with it and I am wholy unimpressed. Maybe I am just an out-of-touch dinosaur that doesn't know as much as the US Mil weapons procurement people...or maybe I am just not privy to the bedroom tactics of SIG's best prostitutes, but I fail to see the attraction of these weapons.

It is a step back from the Glock system. It has a safety...and for the 320 IMHO mandatory. But it is clunky, top heavy, and the trigger...well...I have seen better triggers on airsoft guns.

IMHO, the pinnacle of SIG Sauer Pistol development has been and in my POV shall remain, the SIG P220/225/226/227/229 series. A series I am hoping to work with more in the future.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters