Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    some of a certain age have been brought up with striker fired pistols and that's all they seem to know...when I retired several officers asked me if I had any guns to sell...I have a very nice Browning Hi Power said I...what's that???...how 'bought a SIG (DA/SA)...dontcha have any GLOCKs or...

Bill

"I have a very nice Browning Hi Power said I."

My single action BHP EDC earned me the title "dinosaur" 20 plus years ago when the guys I worked with were carrying Glocks. I still carry it.

My mk25 RX no longer wears a romeo1, but now has a holosun. I had the cutout modified to accept holosun or RMRs

Soli Deo Gloria
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

A DAO SIG 229 frame, received yesterday, fitted with mostly new TDA action parts and E2, topped with a spare .40 slide:

229Mk2.jpg

The first round, at three yards, was a Ranger JHP, the other 11, at 3,5,7 and 10y, were 180 gr FMJ. Each three-round set started with a DA shot. I chickened out after 10y when I saw the group. Point of aim, point of impact.

I am amazed again at how well SIG parts play together.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    A DAO SIG 229 frame, received yesterday, fitted with mostly new TDA action parts and E2, topped with a spare .40 slide:

229Mk2.jpg

The first round, at three yards, was a Ranger JHP, the other 11, at 3,5,7 and 10y, were 180 gr FMJ. Each three-round set started with a DA shot. I chickened out after 10y when I saw the group. Point of aim, point of impact.

I am amazed again at how well SIG parts play together.

Well played, sir.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Solid shooting, I'm assuming that the DAO > TDA was a straightforward parts swap, similar to putting a SRT in?
    GFT.

Try to replace hardware with technique. Technique is free, lightweight, and cannot be lost.
    RGF- Greg Nichols-Milton, WI

Yes. Except the decocking lever bearing, which because of my large and clumsy fingers takes me 10 minutes minimum to get into place. I'm gonna use a knife blade or spatula next time.

The DAO parts were covered in some sort of gack and included a DAO spur hammer, a short trigger, a "yellow" hammer spring, the bearing, a vestigial decocker base and a spring. The pull with those parts was somewhere around 20 pounds.

The yellow spring is purportedly 18# and I retained that.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20