Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A STUDY OF TIMIMG

Not an example of martial virtue, but an interesting example of attempted deescalation and timing. Watch and comment. As an aside...how does this flow through the flowchart?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=181_1456920868
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

ANOTHER STUDY OF TIMING - ACTION BEGINS A 2:45

Gabriel Suarez

AND ONE MORE

Gabriel Suarez

OK...now to go way the f*ck beyond the pale. A real fight is far different than the "Stand By - Ready - Beep" Gunsport, or the Consentual Fight Between Evenly Matched Opponents stuff. Lets look at the dynamics of these three events and lets discuss and learn from what we see. Forget justification, and all of that ...lets focus on first contact through conclusion. What are the dynamics of emotions and interval? What are the dynamics of positioning and initiative.

I have no intent of writing unless we get responses - so get busy...what do you see here??
    Gabriel Suarez

Just watched at work. Will write when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

The third one is what has been called "an educational beat down". Dudes were told exactly what to do to avoid a problem, did the opposite and got laid out. MacYoung writes about it in his discussion of social violence. The fight was purely about status. If you want to flare your lats and not take any crap from anybody, you best be able to back that physically. These guys couldn't. As far as micro-timing, there's the slightest shoulder shift, which was likely invisible because of the positioning of doofus #2. But the timing and opportunity to avoid the whole problem came far earlier.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

The first one between Hat guyand Bald guy had me going in a different direction. At first I thought the hatguy was the aggressor and bald guy was trying to avoid the fight while stayingat his post. I thought (wrongly) he was a doorman or worked the door at thebuilding in the back. By the end of the video he just walked off, sothat line needed to be re-examined. After watching it again I realized theactual aggressor or real predator was the bald guy. He is circling the hat guy alwayskeeping a safe distance from him while he seems to be sizing him up. Bald guyonly presents his side while hat is full on facing exposing all of him. After Irealized he had no tie to the building he could have just left at any time butchose not to. I may be seeing things but I think bald guy while circling isalways closing the distance and hat guy seems to be unaware. Bald guy finallycircles closes and get the drop on hat and unloads on him. Hat guy never saw itcoming as his hands are down and he gets clocked. Bald guy presses his advantageand immediately follows up and ends it.
    The second one is justweird. It starts out looking like two dudes discussing last night’s game. Ihave seen more animated discussions on world cup soccer than those two in thatvideo. Anyway I did not see any real aggressive behavior and it went on justlike two guys arguing about a game. Then the one guys pulls a gun as if to say “heylook at this bad boy could do some hurtin with it.” He never really threatensthe other guy with it as the muzzle is always pointing down. The other guyseems to say “yeah that’s cool why don’t you put it away” The guy puts the gunaway, it seems to get more aggressive than the other guy pulls his gun pointsit and starts shooting, no warning no hesitation just pops him. The other guyruns off but based on the title I don’t think it went well for him.
    Thirdone not sure what is going on, for some reason I had no sound on any of them soI could not hear what was being said. But the first guy to go down was hit withI would classify as a sucker punch. Guy seemed to think it was just still a verbalsmack down until he got smacked down. Second guy just seemed to be outsized andout skilled. But I’ll give him credit, he kept getting up and going after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    OK...now to go way the f*ck beyond the pale. A real fight is far different than the "Stand By - Ready - Beep" Gunsport, or the Consentual Fight Between Evenly Matched Opponents stuff. Lets look at the dynamics of these three events and lets discuss and learn from what we see. Forget justification, and all of that ...lets focus on first contact through conclusion. What are the dynamics of emotions and interval? What are the dynamics of positioning and initiative.

I have no intent of writing unless we get responses - so get busy...what do you see here??
    If someone wants to escalate you'd better be ready to escalate it WAY past where they currently think. If they want to throw words around, you be ready to break their skull open on the curb. If they want to break your skull open on the curb you'd better be ready to kill them.

I'll share a personal story relating to this. A few years ago I was driving home as normal and stopped at a stoplight. Light turned green and I continued as normal. Out of nowhere a car appears behind me tailgating and blaring the horn. I get out of his way and he flies up next to me and turns in front forcing me to stop. He opens his door and starts screaming at me. As he stands up I already have my gun drawn and pointing right at his face through the windshield. He sees the pistol, turns around, flips the bird and drives off in a huff. The moment he started tailgating me I had the hand on the pistol. And when he stopped I already had it aimed and he just failed to see it until he stood up.

What I see with these fights is that one party was ready to escalate it WAY past where the other party was. All 3 showed one party that was ready to escalate and they took it there well before the other party was ready. No need for a warning in any of the incidents.

My major takeaway: If you are in a fair fight, you've messed up.
    Last edited by BeardedPelican; 06-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    I've seen cleaner lines and sharper edges on a box of donuts --- Jon Payne

Default A STUDY OF TIMIMG

Alright, here’s my take on video of the two thugs: ultimately it came down to will versus status/posturing. I can only imagine they were both a part of a deal that went south but I only have the facts from what I see which is thug 1 pulled a gun...and didn’t intend to use it, and just wanted to intimidate. I’m using visual clues as in the close distance and the weapon chosen. He stuck it all the way down his britches. Good luck getting that shit out in a hurry. The other guy just made up his mind to say “screw you, you won’t make that mistake again,” had the will and waited for an opportunity albeit an extremely late one, and then did his thing. He possibly even had an idea of reaction time or lack there of for pulling that stupid gang gun out of the drawers. He also turned his shoulder and hip to hide the draw of his gun...because he intended to use it.

The clip about the girlfriend, seems like a few idiots doing idiot bro stuff. A lot of posturing from both sides but again, all about the social aspect. The one guy was in pure defense mode after his buddy went down because you could tell by his blind swings. Again, his head wasn’t really in the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Christopher Calhoun; 06-04-2019 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Spell check
    Chris

Now can you predict the moment when the war has been declared, but not yet kicked off?
    Gabriel Suarez