Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    its honestly my standard on anything, not precision, just what something, especially at the cost should be capable of performing. 1" or smaller at 100 and 2" or smaller at 200, which isnt unrealistic or overly demanding. my 18" ar does better than 2" at 200, hell my western tire and auto 30-30 can hold 2" at 200. If it cant hold that group, its not worth owning, but then again, i have standards, and springfields current production does not meet the expectation, especially for the price tag
    Out of curiosity who actually made your 30-30 and do you know about when it was made. There are lever guns that do shoot 1 moa, but there are also many will not and some throw pie plate groups. The henry lever guns are getting a good reputation for accuracy these days. Older marlin 336's would often shoot quite well.

Ill have to go with Dorkforce,I also love my M1A very accurate with iron sights.In fact maybe I should invest in a scope.Used to have a FAL but no more.I do miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post
    Ill have to go with Dorkforce,I also love my M1A very accurate with iron sights.In fact maybe I should invest in a scope.Used to have a FAL but no more.I do miss it.
    All in favor of Dorkface changing his name to Dorkforce say "aye"

There are been many times when I have been called Darkforce too... roflmao.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Looking at the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x, Primary Arms has a 1-8 with .308 reticule, haven't started really pinning that down yet.
    I run a Leupold MK6 1-6x on the SCAR. Itís amazing. I suspect I would like the CQBSS 1-8x even more, but perhaps not $2k more. Itís weakness is that the RDS is a bit weak at 1x. Thatís a problem that is endemic to FFP reticles. The glass is super clear and gathers massive amounts of light. I found that I can handle 900y (the limit for my gun) better with this 6x optic than with many other 9-10x optics from different but reputable manufacturers. Other than the price, there is nothing about this optic to criticize.

I bought a Strike Eagle 1-6x because I wanted to see how it stacked up. Overall, I was not impressed enough to keep it. The adjustments didnít track perfectly (it wasnít horrible, but it wasnít the Leupoldís perfection), the glass lacked the clarity for the longest shots, and you could definitely discern the greater light-gathering of the Leupy. The one advantage that I will give it is that the RDS at 1x is nice and bright. Eye relief was also good and forgiving. It definitely wins a ĎBest Valueí award, but it came up short as a go-to-war optic. I handed it down to my little brother. (He used to dislike getting hand-me-downs from his older brother. Now he doesnít mind.)

If you just want to play for a while and see if the gun works well with a LPVO, the Strike Eagle is fine. But if you really want to build a proper 1km gun, Iíd recommend digging deep in the pockets and going for the MK6. Or look at optics that start at 2.5x, accepting the fact that youíll give up some CQB ability to make the 1km shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

If you can still find one, the MK4 1.5-5x optic offered 90% of the MK6 performance at 40% of the price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Virtute et Armis

Ok so update. I went with a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x and got the OPMOD model because it's color matches the furniture. I canceled my order for the top rail because I surpassed 8 weeks on the back order and could be provided no perspective date of when it would ship. In the interim, I picked up a very low profile, QD, cantilever mount, which I mounted backwards to push the optic back far enough for proper eye relief.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Greg Id love to see a pic of your setup if you don't mind.

I can post some this evening. I'm still going to get my desired top rail but this makes it useable until it actually ships.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I LOVE my box stock Marlin 336T.