Default Sig 556 Swat Patrol

I purchased this carbine probably ten years ago when the 556R was the darling of these boards. It's a "ban compliant" version with an unthreaded barrel and I added a swiss folding stock lower at a later date.

I don't shoot it much anymore, as I tend to focus on my ARs when I feel like burning off precious ammo. I just checked the prices on gunbroker and they seem to be approaching $2,000, which is a nice chunk of change.

Given that spare parts are pretty much non-existent now, can you all think of any reason I should NOT get rid of it at a nice profit?

Sell that thing. Sell it fast, before the market corrects.
    Virtute et Armis

I've sold whole bunch of guns during COVID. My Kahrs, for example, have been replaced in the market by Glock and SIG but sold for $1K when handguns dried up.

Liquidate. It’s an orphan with the lack of parts availability, which is not a good spot to be in long term.

I bought a few parts kits for the Sig 556 family when they were still available. I would be willing to help a brother out and let one go if needed.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I bought a few parts kits for the Sig 556 family when they were still available. I would be willing to help a brother out and let one go if needed.
    That's very kind of you - I actually have a spare parts kit that I would consider selling with the carbine. Or separately, if you need another one!

Quote Originally Posted by jesselp View Post
    That's very kind of you - I actually have a spare parts kit that I would consider selling with the carbine. Or separately, if you need another one!
    Glad you're GTG. I have more that I need as it is, thank you for the offer.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther