Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If I work out and eat well, 7-8 hours is not problem. Few days of being lazy and eating garbage, that goes down in a hurry. I normally take 5-10mg of melotonin about 30 min before bed. Add a Benadryl if I’m REALLY not tired.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    and then I wanted to at least get in one episode of the new 'Stranger Things'.
    Season 2 is amazeballs. Yeah I finished it Saturday morning.... lol.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Season 2 is amazeballs. Yeah I finished it Saturday morning.... lol.
    I watched season 1 Saturday evening and Season 2 yesterday. Lol
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

I'm 60.

On a normal night, we go to bed around 930 to 1000 PM. I usually wake up one or more times each night with a shoulder hurting and have to roll over to the other side, but sometimes not. I sometimes have to get up and go to the bathroom, but not every night. This can occur anywhere from 0030 am to 0430 am. If it occurs at 0430, I just stay up. I usually have no trouble falling back to sleep. If I'm asleep I rarely get awakened by the 0500 weekdays alarm. My eyes come open anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes before the alarm would go off and I get up, turn it off and stay up. Some mornings (depending on our activities for the day) I get my wife up about 0530 and some days I let her sleep till 730 or 800 am.

I'm one of those guys who could crawl up on the pile of duffle bags in the back of the deuce & a half and fall asleep while we were going somewhere for field training week. Or fall asleep under the holly tree on top of 6 inches of crusty/frozen snow/sleet at 0 dark thirty (that was scary, waking up from that.) Or nod off either prone or sitting slung up with an M1 or M1A at the range. Sleep is easy.

The harder today is on me, the quicker/easier I can sleep tonight. I may be sore tomorrow afternoon (usually doesn't hit me in the morning, but later in the day) but tonight I'll just go to sleep even easier.

i quit drinking anything after 5-6 pm a few years ago because the bladder would wake me up several times each night.

normally i get 6 to 8 hours each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the last couple years I've gotten pretty good about getting 7-8 just about every night. Having control of my schedule plus good workouts and nutrition seems to help. Pretty consistently in bed before midnight or right around there, and up at 7-7:30, maybe a touch later on days where I don't schedule anything in person for the morning.

Yes, I realize I'm posting this at 1 AM. Tonight was a rarity--long World Series game, and then I wanted to at least get in one episode of the new 'Stranger Things'.
    This. Sleep is a job. Treat it like its a job and it gets better. It doesn't ALWAYS go well...but if you plan.

No exciting movies before bed...no physical activity for 1 hour before other than stretching. If I have an injury, I will take some dope to sleep. Sleep is that important. I have been finding as I travel through my fifties, alcohol tends to have the opposite effect. Strange but that glass of cognac or whatever before bed will keep me awake rather than the opposite.

Routine For Sleep

1. Good stretch...specially any injured areas.
    2. Cup of iced chamomile tea to wash down two fish oil caps, two magnesium caps, and about 6,000 IU of vitamin D.
    3. Good bed and good pillows
    4. Super dark room with no light from clocks or whatever.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Around 6-7 during the week and 8-10 on the weekend unless I can't get my mind to shut off and then it's around 2-3 which really sucks.

I bought a Fitbit earlier this year and it tracks your sleep pattern each night putting it into a easy to read graph which is really nice.
    ‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’ — Unknown

"Surround your self with the following things and you will lead a pretty rewarding and satisfied life, God, Family, Good Friends, Good Food, Good Beer/Wine."

I'll also submit that rubbing yourself down with magnesium oil before bed helps with sleep quality, and reduces muscle soreness from workouts.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

I'll also submit that rubbing yourself down with magnesium oil before bed helps with sleep quality, and reduces muscle soreness from workouts.
    Agreed
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I get 7-8 hrs daily, when 3 young kids cooperate.