Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default "How you can sleep at night..."

Heard that before?

Conscience aside, sometimes I don't. And you?

Adrenaline, pain and a reluctance to just go the f--- to sleep mean I get 4-5 hrs a night. Not the only one: when I responded to callouts the first question asked onscene was: "How many hours of sleep last night?" And the answer was rarely over 7 and usually a lot less, for guys who might have to stuff a door or take the shot in 5-4-3-2-1.

On one hand, Warren Zevon: "I'll sleep when I'm dead." On the other: "Eight hours minimum."

So how does the tribe sleep at night?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I rode the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer (as modified)

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

Vale et omnia quae.

P:20

>So how does the tribe sleep at night?<

Had you asked me before my prostate became "the enemy" - maybe 7-8 hours+. Now - 5 hours til tinkle time, and I might get back to sleep afterwards - often not.

geezer john

Most nights about 4.5 to 5 hours. Sometimes none at all.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

A C-pap for sleep apnea cured my lack of sleep.

7 hours normally...10 hours on weekends.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Two to four hours max, when I'm lucky I can get back to sleep. Thank you prostate cancer and attending surgery and treatments!

I don't have a problem once I get to sleep. I just don't get tired till late. I usually get 4-5 hours because I can't fall asleep till around midnight and have to wake up for work at 5am. Even waking up super early and doing a very physical job all day I still can't get to sleep till midnight again lol. On the weekends I can sleep 8-10 hours easy since I don't have to wake up for work.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I don't have a problem once I get to sleep. I just don't get tired till late. I usually get 4-5 hours because I can't fall asleep till around midnight and have to wake up for work at 5am. Even waking up super early and doing a very physical job all day I still can't get to sleep till midnight again lol. On the weekends I can sleep 8-10 hours easy since I don't have to wake up for work.
    Me too. I have trouble going to sleep partly because I'm a night owl, and partly sciatica and whatnot, too many dirt bike injuries. Even on work days I'd rather be working on a machining project or something at 1 AM than laying in bed. But when I do have time to sleep in I can do 10 hours easy.

In the last couple years I've gotten pretty good about getting 7-8 just about every night. Having control of my schedule plus good workouts and nutrition seems to help. Pretty consistently in bed before midnight or right around there, and up at 7-7:30, maybe a touch later on days where I don't schedule anything in person for the morning.

Yes, I realize I'm posting this at 1 AM. Tonight was a rarity--long World Series game, and then I wanted to at least get in one episode of the new 'Stranger Things'.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

4-5 but itís been crappy sleep as mounting injuries have me tossing and turning most of the night. Lately though Iíve been using a casein formulated protein that has melatonin in it and it has promoted a bit more restful sleep.