Default SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL'S THE SCRIBE

THE SCRIBE - DUAL USE PEN

With enhanced screening at Non-Permissive Environments the need exists for a dual use item that has legitimate purposes, but in an instant can be used as a weapon.

The Scribe is an ideal combination of that concept. As much as we wanted to engrave our name on it, we resisted doing so. It is sterilized (no logo), for ideal discretion. Both pointed and rounded ends can be used for attacking soft or hard targets in the hands, neck, and head. The Scribe is also quite capable of writing, and has a great writing grip. We have taken this aboard overseas trips as well as in secured areas where all belongings were scanned. And why not? It is only a pen.

• Unassuming in appearance, yet this is a seriously tough and damaging survival tool if needed.
    • Attractive and sleek-looking, it is perfect for the home or office as well as in the field for use as a pen or weapon.
    • The pen cap slides conveniently onto the opposite end when in the writing mode so as not to get lost.
    • Aircraft-grade aluminum makes this rugged pen surprisingly strong, light weight and comfortable to use.
    • With a satin (matte) anodized finish, it measures 5 7/8 inches long, weighs 1.2 oz, has black ink and uses easy to find refills such as Parker Gel and Fisher Space.

$29.99 - ORDER YOURS
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I just received the scribe that I ordered and was looking it over. I am curious as to how others carry this item around relative to NPE. On occasion I may have to go through scanning stations to enter some governmental buildings or the airport to travel.

What have been the experiences and uses by those here with the scribe?

I have not been to any NPEs with it yet but I carry it as a pen. Which it is it's main function. Carrying it any other way would garner suspicion.
    I am in a sunny place full of shady people

I usually have a laptop bag, notepad/padfolio etc. with a place for my pens.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

I have had one for some months now. Here is my after action report:

-As a Diver, I'm a fan of the "Sub - Dude" appearance of it.
    -Excedingly well made.
    -O rings to keep the cap screwed in place when closed, and another in the cap to keep it on the pen in the open position. Nothing loose or "Rattley".
    -Rounded cap is large enough and wide enough for good purchase with your thumb
    -Isn't stupid tacticool black with 37 knurled bands on it.
    -Pocket clip is stout, and isn't likely to break under normal use.
    -Large enough to be comfortable in the hand for actual writing! (no skinny jeans OR skinny pens tolerated here...)
    -Refills are readily available.

I put it to the NPE test in November when I paid my property taxes. I walked to security, put my scribe and choirboy with keys in the bowl, and walked through the metal detector. No problems.

Buy one or several to add to your "war - drobe"
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    I have had one for some months now. Here is my after action report:

-As a Diver, I'm a fan of the "Sub - Dude" appearance of it.
    -Excedingly well made.
    -O rings to keep the cap screwed in place when closed, and another in the cap to keep it on the pen in the open position. Nothing loose or "Rattley".
    -Rounded cap is large enough and wide enough for good purchase with your thumb
    -Isn't stupid tacticool black with 37 knurled bands on it.
    -Pocket clip is stout, and isn't likely to break under normal use.
    -Large enough to be comfortable in the hand for actual writing! (no skinny jeans OR skinny pens tolerated here...)
    -Refills are readily available.

I put it to the NPE test in November when I paid my property taxes. I walked to security, put my scribe and choirboy with keys in the bowl, and walked through the metal detector. No problems.

Buy one or several to add to your "war - drobe"
    Very good information. So one should take it out of the pocket and put it with the keys, change, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Very good information. So one should take it out of the pocket and put it with the keys, change, and such.
    Yes Sir! You know the metal detector routine, so it had to go in the bowl!
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Yes Sir! You know the metal detector routine, so it had to go in the bowl!
    Nice looking! Will order when I send in my next slide to be milled next month.

Used to carry something similar years back - and I WAS challenged at a screening point. (And yes, that one WAS "tactical flat black".:) They were concerned about the "pointy" nature and that it looked like it was designed to concentrate impact - possibly to be used as a weapon. My reply was a polite - "It actually IS designed as an impact tool! Several years back I was in a nasty MVA and was trapped in my vehicle because the frame bent and the doors wouldn't open. Someone had to used a tool from outside of the car to break the window and extricate me. Since then, I ALWAYS carry a pen that will also allow me to exit any type of window in any type of situation."

Got a nod of the head and was passed on through the checkpoint. Hell - for that matter, I have been challenged about carrying a mini-mag flashlight that I used to carry on flights instead of a kubotan. Just told them I feared flying, and intended to use it to find my way out of a smoky cabin in the event of a crash that caused the emergency lighting to fail. Once again - that was all he needed to hear.

Be prepared to be challenged, and be ready to reply nonchalantly.

geezer john

I love mine as well,

Placing it in the "bowl" while walking through the metal detector has never given me any problems for TSA or courthouses.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Yes yes, an old thread... But just received one these and must say it's a well build piece. The included cartridge writes good and like that others can be used.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018