Default FOF in Chattanooga TN 4/12-4/13

First off thank you all for a great weekend of training to my fellow students and Randy, also big thanks to the host for having us all. I've had FOF at a couple other schools and once again SI has the best program. I got a lot of fine tuning and tweaking to my skills from Randy and was very happy to see us get the reps in to help cement the skills to auto pilot. Finishing the weekend with applying the skills with simulated real world type scenarios is great. I had a couple ah ha moments for sure. I highly recommend the CRG class as it will be applied in this FOF making all the material come together. Randy thank you having me and refining me. Looking forward to training with you again soon. -egalloway
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

This is definitely one of the most important classes I've taken. Randy, I've always enjoyed your writings here on WT now I can appreciate your instruction. FOF was certainly a humbling and revealing experience. When you brought out the timer and noted that most of the encounters were over with at around the 2 second mark, it was impressive. Thank you, our host and the great group of guys that made this class an excellent learning experience. The lessons learned and good memories will remain long after the (multiple) blood blisters have healed! I highly recommend this class to anyone who carries or is considering carrying a firearm for personal defense. Also if you take this class at the Pisgah range I HIGHLY recommend the pot roast at the Cabbage Bowl during Sunday brunch!!

X2 all of above statements.
    Moooks good training with you and great review, humbling, revealing, excellent learning are the best descriptions of SI FOF for sure.
    -egalloway
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
    -SI classes: CRG, Defensive pistol, PSP, Rifle, Advanced Rifle, Shotgun, FOF, Vehicle gunfighting
    -Certified Glock, Sig, FN, Xd/XDM AR/Ak, CZ

-Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez
    And alcohol is just to get you drunk
    women are just to relieve the pressure
    and food is just to kill the hunger.....
    Hardly the sort of life I care to live.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words.

Close range gunfights are not like the movies....they are quick and violent events. Two seconds from first shot to last shot is not uncommon. So the more you can get done (get off the X, get your gun out, score decisive hits) in a smaller amount of time the better off you will be. All I did was give an audible "measure of time" to the fights as they took place. I neither sped them up or slowed them down I simply made us all aware of just how little time the fights were taking. Once the guns come out 2 to 3 seconds is all you have before someone gets shot several times. Best to do the most damage as fast as you can.

I really enjoyed this class. It was a great group of students who I hope to see in future classes.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

It's one thing to know something because you read about it, and it's another to know because you did it. I could have told you to get off the X and score hits, it's quite another thing to experience firsthand just how fast a situation can unfold. If I create a scenario in my mind, things always turn up aces for ol' ZeroTA. In our training, I'm getting shot or at least shot at (or stabbed, or something else unpleasant). And I'm getting shot a lot more when there's more than one attacker. And I'm getting shot even more when I don't move fast enough. 1 on 1 the good guy's odds were pretty good, 2 on 1 not so much, and there weren't many clear winners in the 3 on 1 attacks. I could have guessed that would happen, but it's another ballgame to see it happen over...and over...and over.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."