Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advanced AK Gunfighting Atlanta

This was a great class. Randy covered the material in a professional manner that encouraged students to excel with an AK. We started of with a AK rifle review on history and types of rifles. We had SBR AK's and several different folders along with the standard gun show models. There was a Daewoo K200 (which is a Korean AR/AK hybrid) and the much talked about SIG 556 as well. Next we moved into support gear and covert carry methods.

The support gear fell into 2 basic methods, chest rigs and shoulder bags. OST gear present was the Sneaky bags, the terrorist interdiction bag and the US palm Chest rig. The latest version is much better than the early version, it has Molle straps on it to customize it for the user.
    We then proceeded to the range to work on several skills dry. the dry work served as a review of the AK Gunfighting and to introduce the 360 degree shooting. We added magazine changes into the mix as well. we covered all the standard positions, squatting and Spestnaz prone. SBU and roll over prone were also covered. We did a lot of work with one hand operation also,

After a BBQ lunch we started live fire. The first thing was to confirm zero at 25 meters. Then we worked on trigger rest and compensating for the sight /bore offset. This was done from 15 feet on a small black dot. The goal was 5 hits in a 1 inch black dot. Most of the class made it after realizing the the difference in point of aim /point of impact. we moved on to snap shots aimed and by using the caveman EOtech method. the next drills included lateral movement and getting of the X drills. we finished up day1 with some clock drills.

Day 2 started with empty rifles doing CQB drills and gun grabs. All those sharp edges work very well when hitting and raking an opponent in CQB. Several of us had minor nicks and cuts from playing the attacker. The curved magazine aided in trapping the opponents arm. we worked on one handed operations of the AK before moving on. The live fire started with more clock drills and using the under arm tuck position. Since the class only had 6 students we were able to do more drills and training than the 20 person classes. The next set of drills were learning to shoot from the positions, standing ,kneeling, sitting and prone.Many shooters don't practice the positions and it tells in there ability to hit targets ant extended ranges.; we also shot from some non traditional positions as well.
    The next session was the introduction to team movement. Randy led us through accomplished lateral and longitudinal drills as a 6 man team. We then broke into 2 man teams to work on target drills in retreat and attack modes; this was done from cover. Communication and ammo management played key roles in running this smoothly. Getting caught in the open and running out of ammo is a bad thing. The last drill of the day was the Colombian SF drill. each shooter started at 100yards and made 5 hits on a steel target then run to 75 and make the hits sitting, next sprint to 50 and make the shots kneeling, then a run to 25 for shots standing, then to 10 yards standing. When the rifle ran dry we switched to pistols and finished they guy off from 5 yards.

This type of training is why I teamed up with SI to be an instructor. I have been to courses all over the country (45 plus) and no other training company teaches to this level. I have trained with L.E.O that would not dream of doing this because they say it is dangerous. There are conservative ranges that will not allow this advanced level of training on there property.
    Randy taught and excellent class and we are all better able to fight with an AK than we were before class.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

Default Advanced AK Gunfighting Atlanta

Great review scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try to get some pics put up tonight.

I really enjoyed teaching this class and working with you guys.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

I'm looking forward to these pictures.

Ask and ye shall receive!

009.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 09-09-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A few more.....

022.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Spetsnaz Prone

023.jpg

024.jpg

The "Taliban Tent"

025.jpg
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

This is MY AK ..you can't have it!

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Shoot Move Communicate!

026.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE