PDA

View Full Version : 20 ga. mag extension

Kragg
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if 12ga. mag extensions will work for remington 870 in 20ga. ? I can't find 20ga. extensions anywhere :( TIA

OMEGASANDMAN
04-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Hello I am new here and was reading osme of the post on shotgun gunfighting and came accross your post asking for help on finding a tube mag extension for your shotgun. You can probably get one from Wilson combat from their ScattergunTechnologies division . you can get intouch with them via the internet at www.wilsoncombat.com or you can call them at this phone number 1-800-955-4856 . If I remember they sell extensions for both 12 ga or 20 go shotguns and with the extension in the kit set you get the extension the spring and the spring follower all for $45.00 if I remember correctly. you get a top of the like top quality mag extension at a pretty resonable price.

Well anyways hope this helps you out some with what you was wanting to find....... :)

Lee P. Lapin
04-07-2005, 05:15 AM
Kragg,

It will depend on your gun. Remington has made 20 ga. 870s on two receiver sizes (a true 20 ga. and the 12 ga. frame), so you will have to get an extension that fits your gun. See the 20 ga. page at Tank's Rifle Shop for info on determining which you have by serial number-
http://www.tanksrifleshop.com/rem20ga.htm .

We have a newer 20 ga. Youth Model set up with a 3-round extension (Choate used to make them) and a 4-round SideSaddle, it works quite well.

Stay safe,

lpl

fatdog
04-07-2005, 06:45 AM
What Lee said about knowing which model you have. I have a Choate extension on a late model 870 express ladies/youth my wife likes, and it has given us no trouble. I ordered it directly from them.

A company called 3gungear.com will sell you a non-rigid side saddle for the 20 guage 870 if you call them. That has worked well for us too.

Kragg
04-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies. I should be able to find what I need :)

BTW I reckin you SDF fellas are comin' in handy :eek: :p