PDA

View Full Version : Qs on prices & sources

Travis
02-15-2005, 02:09 PM
All,

I am looking to buy a shotgun for general personal defense use, and with fairly limited funds. After much research and consideration, I am primarily looking at getting a factory Mossberg 590A1 with an 18.5 inch barrel, 6 shot capacity and ghost ring sights. As soon as I can, I would like to add a shortened butt stock (no pistol grip), a six shot side saddle and a Surefire forend.

I would appreciate your advice on sources for getting all of this and what I should expect to pay. In particular, I am looking for advice on where to get the shortned stock.

Thanks!

Steve Collins
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Travis,

You might be able to get the shortened stock directly from Mossberg, you can also check Brownells. The Surefire forend runs about $250.www.surefire.com
If you want a sidesaddle carrier, check out www.3gungear.com, they have a 7-round sidesaddle that is mounted to the receiver with adhesive, and the round carrier is attached to the velcro. I use it on my Remington 1100 CM and like it alot. It runs about $25 IIRC.

MrMurphy
02-16-2005, 01:03 PM
The screw-in SideSaddle, if you don't loctite the screws holding the ammo-carrier part to the baseplate, can unscrew itself and desert the gun, I had this happen on mine after about 300+ rounds.

The velcro model from 3gungear.com is excellent, I've handled one on an 1100CM.

Mossberg should have the short stock itself, or Brownells or Choate Machine & Tool.

The Surefire light can be had for less than $250, look around.... try www.lightfighter.com or other gear sites.