PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Training in Dallas, Tx

Ash
09-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum & I'm hoping I can get some good advice here. After a long absence, I've moved back to Dallas, Tx and I've taken a job as a corrections officer in Dallas County. I'm a fairly new Corrections Officer and am looking to get some realistic training under my belt. i'm coming to find out that the bit of training that I have had is not adequate compared to what I'm having to face on a daily basis. One of the other officers has offered to set me up as a bouncer on weekends which would mean some more $$$ for me but is whole other set of possible hazards. I guess one of my issues is that I'm not a very large guy to begin with (about 5'9" 150 lbs). Blades/improvised weapons are also a problem in prisons, so I'm looking for something that can help me with some training to face that.
I browsed through some other forums on the web and it seems like people here have a good reputation for being professionals & giving good advice. I'm basically looking for some training that will help me face these job hazards in a fairly short time. I live in North Dallas and I've done some searches for training in the area. I've already eliminated most of the Tae Kwon Do & Karate crowd. I found a few schools somewaht near me that might be what I'm looking for, but would appreciate any critiques & feedback that anyone can offer:

1) Keysi Fighting Method/Combatives www.CombativeWarriorArts.com (http://www.combativewarriorarts.com/)
2. Krav Maga http://www.kravmagadfw.com/
3. Various fighting styles here: http://www.ristermartialarts.com/ (http://www.ristermartialarts.com/)

I'm still looking for other places, so would appreciate any recommendations for anywhere i might train to get realistic skills. I'm pushing 40 so am not looking for any flashy, acrobatic training of any kind. Just solid life-saving skills that I can still use as I grow older. Thanks for any help from you guys out there.

Ash Rollins

CaptnCornerBanger
09-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I can vouch for Krav Maga DFW. I've trained there for the last 2 years. It's a KMWW school and several of the instructors are expanding into the Force training (LE specific).

There's plenty of info on their web site, but, if you want the perspective of a student I'll be happy to oblige. I came from a Shotokan background and was somewhat disallusioned with that. After my first workout, where I nearly threw up, I knew this was where I wanted to train.

They also are a Jiu Jitsu school affiliated with Carlos Machado, as well as having an excellent Muay Thai instructor.

There are numerous LEOs that tain there.

CCB

OH, and welcom to WT, you will get good advice here.

Al Lipscomb
09-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Systema with SonnyP maybe?

http://www.russianmartialart.com/main.php?page=affiliates&loc=us&sta=TX

fldback
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I am a CO in FL.

I've studied TKD and Krav. Krav will work well when the SHTF, but as a CO you will need control techniques more often than combatives.
I don't know much about systema except what I've seen posted here from youtube. If I was in the DFW area I would be training with Sonny.

Just my .02.

Jeff Jackson
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Stay away from the Keysi Fighting Method school. I know the instructors, they're good guys and know they're stuff, but the KFM stuff they are teaching is kinda silly...and they've only been training in it for a year or so...and they're instructors already. Its just not right. Justin, the school's owner is not a fighter, but is an excellent martial artist and a great grappler. Mike Cole, the other head instructor is an animal (in a good way). He's a vet and can fight. He's also a fireman. They are both good instructors. I would recommend them if they weren't teaching KFM.

I visited the KM school you mentioned. Nice folks, good training, but they don't do weapons on a regular basis. I don't understand that from a school teaching real self defense.

I can't comment on Rister's place. The website looks like it would be a good place to train with its various fma offerings.

Here's my choices in order:

1. Sonny's RMA
2. An MMA place combined with seminars in AMOK! and Gabe's offerings (both of which you should do no matter what)
3. Crow's Martial Arts (on I35 in Carrollton) plus AMOK and Gabe
4. Ralph Severe's Dallas Ninjutsu Academy
5. Krav

CaptnCornerBanger
09-18-2009, 01:07 PM
I visited the KM school you mentioned. Nice folks, good training, but they don't do weapons on a regular basis. I don't understand that from a school teaching real self defense.

Actually this is not correct. In the Krav curiculum (KMWW) you start weapons defense at Level 4 (Blue Belt), however, KMDFW pushes a lot of weapons work down to the intermediate L2/L3 (Orange/Green) levels.

You will get a nice dose of weapons defense about 4-6 months into the program. They also do seminars on Knife fighting, and in a few weeks they will be doing a seminar/fundraiser on gun defense.

Now if you are looking for weapons offense/combatives. This is only in the Krav Force (LE) training. This is also where you will find other techniques more useful to LE, like restraint, etc..

Since weapons USE is not part of the standard Krav curriculum I suppliment my training with as much SI and AMOK! as I can get.

I don't have any experience with the other places listed but others seem to approve highly.

You also might want to look into Lance Fleming's teachings. (He posts here). He teaches a mixed system of several arts. Lance has co-hosted the AMOK! seminars done in Fort Worth.

http://hurricanetexas.homestead.com/index.html

CCB

Jeff Jackson
09-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification CCB. That's a better desription than I was given when I visited.

CaptnCornerBanger
09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification CCB. That's a better desription than I was given when I visited.

I figured there was some kind of mis-understanding.

KMDFW is going through some growing pain. The instruction is exceptional though.

Swab
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Does Alexander King train under Sonny? Is he a good instructor?

Ash
09-18-2009, 04:51 PM
All,

Thanks for these replies so far. It helps to get some feedback from people who walk the walk. It seems like almost everyone approves of Sonny's Systema classes. Does anyone here take regular classes in dallas w/him & can they tell me what/how he teaches in those regular classes?

Speaking of Systema, I laso had a recommendation on this gentleman:
http://www.jfhardcorefitness.com/default.html

I also had a recommendation on this school as supposedly being pretty realistic & well-rounded although I have a few reservations:
http://www.jigokudojo.org/

Again apprecaite the feedback...anything else kepp it coming!

Ash

Jeff Jackson
09-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Re: Jigoku...Luke is the real deal, as far as Bujinkan goes. He is ranked by hatsumi sensei and has trained in japan. I've never trained with him or seen him in action. He has a good reputation within the buj tho.

Can't comment on the other guy. As for Sonny, I'm hoping to begin training with him this month. He's a bit of a drive for me, but would like to train with him a few times a month. We'll see if thats possible after I take a few classes, which is how Sonny approaches new students. I'll stick with my in-town mma place for more frequent training. Just can't make the drive all the time.

Nightrider
09-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Welcome aboard Ash..... Are you classified as a CO or just doing your time in the jail till you can get on the road? If not do you plan on going on the road? I had to do the CO gig in 1980 for a year....... I did freelance bouncer work for extra money when I started out, it was too much headache for the money..... Once the bouncee's found out what I did they went to the chief and bitched. It was taken care of back then but the political climate is entirely different today. I can't see a administrator approving a gig like that today..... I would go to college, especially if the department pays for the tuition..... Major in law/history/political science/public administration/ homeland security.... not criminal justice... With a CJ degree and .50 cent you can buy a cup of coffee..... Take a SI course, train your mind and body.... You will like it here at WT where like minds mingle.......:)

Kamiyama
09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
You are more than welcome to come and visit with me and chat about your needs.

If you feel you can find better by all means look.

I don't wish to offend anyone but oh well.. I have been living and teaching in Dallas for over 33 years.. you will find little in terms of fighting for the streets. Most if not just about all teachers I have seen, met, trained with are businessmen as well as fakes and liars about their experience and skills.

Few trainers or teachers I've seen around Dallas .. if any have street fighting experience. So.. how do you teach street fighting or skills related to that without the experience? Being popular means little or nothing to me or how many ranks or students you have or if you were in the military. First off I don't train with people just because they have a name or a groovy new gimmick. I'm always after 'truth'. I'm not after ball balancing, lifting weights, aikidoish stuff, fancy stick or knife drills, meaningless forms and cool uniforms, titles and belts. And when anyone shoots off at the mouth about how they this and that.. cool.. show me. Hey I want to see... show me.

I will speak first hand about what I do know and not hear say..

What Mike Cole and Justin Everman tell you about their fighting experience is mainly false.. how.. I know first hand.. so.

Mr. Ramond Crow is extremely experienced and knows his stuff and has my respect, He can do what he says.. factual things to consider..

Mr Carlos Machado is awesome, experienced, knows his stuff, as well as a total master of the BJJ game as a 'sport'. He is no street fighter from what I experienced with him. Maybe he has grown and went down another path from the days I trained under him. He has my respect, He can do what he says.. factual things to consider.. Does not train weaponry or train firearms.

Mr. JD Shelley is a no BS trainer.. awesome and very skilled at many different areas of fighting, Weaponry, fitness, unarmed, firearms. He has my respect. I would go with him and train because I like him... if I didn't have me.. for a trainer. He can do what he says.. factual things to consider. Does not train weaponry or train firearms.

Mr. Allen Molther is very skilled at teaching BJJ sport. He is a wonderful trainer when you need those skills. He has my respect as a teacher and trainer.

Mr. George Prevalsky is a awesome boxing and Thai Boxing trainer. He is a no BS trainer.. He will get you straighten out in terms of fitness and hand skills. He has my respect as a teacher and as a trainer. He has a long line of very skilled students he has trained and this is factual things to consider. Does not train weaponry or train firearms.

Mr. James Garcia of the Bujinkan is really great at the Japanese arts and is a hitter. He has good experience and is not a BSer either. Does not train firearms.

Mr Saekson Janjira is a awesome Thai Boxing trainer. I have never trained with him but I have many friends who have. Does not train weaponry or train firearms.

I have trained and seen others in the Dallas area which I enjoy and respect for what they do.. but fighters or fighting trainers... it is very questionable.
So.. I should not give my opinion on those.... As for the others around the area.. good luck.

Ralph
DMTTofD

Kamiyama
09-19-2009, 03:35 PM
As for grappling training for sport there are two others I know of,

Mr. Tery Corkran from what I seen and have been told is an extremely good BJJ trainer. Mainly a commercial school environment. He comes from a very good background and has a lot of experience grappling.

Mr. Yousef Alirezaei is a wonderful trainer as well as a wonderful competitor. His wrestling skills are awesome as well as his BJJ skills. There is no weaponry training with his grappling arts. He has my respect as a teacher and trainer.

Ralph
DMTTofD

Masterfinger
09-19-2009, 05:13 PM
You also might want to look into Lance Fleming's teachings. (He posts here). He teaches a mixed system of several arts. Lance has co-hosted the AMOK! seminars done in Fort Worth.

http://hurricanetexas.homestead.com/index.html

CCB
I second CCB's suggestion to check out Lance. He's a former CO, who's used what he knows while on the job.
If that doesn't work out, then I would definitely go with Sonny P.

Franco

Kamiyama
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey Franco, what does this mean?
"He's a former CO, who's used what he knows while on the job"?

Ralph
DMTTofD

Masterfinger
09-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi Ralph,
Lance is a former corrections officer (CO), who has used what he's learned in training to deal with unruly inmates. I mentioned that cause the OP stated he was a CO also, so he can relate. Also, when Lance used to live in Vegas, we worked security together at a local cowboy bar (Dylans Dance Hall & Saloon). Later on he became their DJ, but he had no problems jumping out of the DJ booth to get in the mix when things got crazy.

Franco

Masterfinger
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I've also had the opportunity to meet Raymond Crow, once when he came to a seminar I gave in Dallas for some Federal Air Marshalls and another time when he came to Vegas to attend the Ring Of Fire seminars with Victor DeThouars & Dan Inosanto. Sifu Crow is a very knowlegeable & skilled individual.

Franco

Kamiyama
09-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Franco, thanks.. a former corrections officer, I didn't know what a CO was.

I agree with you, Raymond Crow is really good with his knowledge and skills.

I will not assume or I hope we are not talking about general Law Enforcement training are the same as Street Fighting or NHB-MMA training either and Military or say special Alphabet Law Enforcement training is way different that those four also.

Yes I bet most would agree there is a difference between trainers, teachers, couches, match competitors and street fighters.

The only person I know of personally that couches-trains-teaches in Dallas area that is a trainer and with killer instinct or who is a great "go to" fighter.. is JD Shelley.
I'm sure there are others who are not so public or I haven't seen either on film or in person...

Now this is not to say I know some great firearms trainers too... But I believe this is off subject.

Ralph
DMTTofD

Texas Hurricane
09-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Greetings guys and welcome Ash,

I went to the beginning of this thread so as not to be redundant.
There are some great guys referred to in this thread and I, too, would be happy to help you in any way I can. Feel free to contact me.
As far as Dallas area goes (I'm in Fort Worth aka Cowtown), I have trained with Raymond Crow as well as Jon Rister. Both know their stuff. Both have been in the mix in public, too. I remember seeing Raymond in the mix as far back as 1992 in a club I worked at in Arlington.
Jon currently works with the owner of the company I hold my private sector commissions in and he is a down and dirty guy like the guys in our group and the guys I have met through here.
I haven't been over to the KM school but, I know some of the guys from there and they're good guys.
No matter where you decide to go - definitely get some time in with Sonny whether part time or full time training.
We have an AMOK! weekend here in Ft. Worth every March, also - so come meet some of the folks from this forum and get to know 'em.
If you are coming out to Ft. Worth any time or if you find yourself near Grapevine - give me a shout - I'd be glad to add some "tools" for your mix.
If you're interested in moving into Parole/Probation - let me know, I have some friends in that dept. over in Dallas. In the mean time, if you want to look into some moonlighting in investigations/ep/ppo work and your dept. will allow it - contact Tegan at www.tacticalsystemsnetwork.com (http://www.tacticalsystemsnetwork.com) and tell him I sent you. He is still with Ft. Worth P.D. and he is the owner of the above.
Give me a shout and welcome to the group.
Lance (817) 903-0589

Texas Hurricane
09-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I will not assume or I hope we are not talking about general Law Enforcement training are the same as Street Fighting or NHB-MMA training either and Military or say special Alphabet Law Enforcement training is way different that those four also.

Ralph
DMTTofD

Oh and yep - I agree with Ralph - you're not going to get much of what you need or want in most departments and private sector training. We are trying to expand that in both sectors while meeting a lot of resistance chronically cited as "due to liability". (Shaking head) at those who write S.O.P.s and Regs without ever having stepped up on the street.

fifthprofession47
09-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Robert Bussey teaches out of his brother Michael's facility, "The Gym" in Arlington, TX.

http://www.robertbussey.com/

http://thegym.org/CombativeSports/

http://thegym.org/CombativeSports/?page_id=38

Swab
09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Is anyone familiar with Alexander King as a Systema trainer? He's listed on the Systema web site but, I don't know if that is an automatic endorsement or not. I figure Systema may be helpful to me in my state of decrepitude.

Gun Mutt
09-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Is anyone familiar with Alexander King as a Systema trainer? He's listed on the Systema web site but, I don't know if that is an automatic endorsement or not. I figure Systema may be helpful to me in my state of decrepitude.
If you're talking about www.russianmartalart.com (http://www.russianmartalart.com), then yeah, their name being listed is an endorsement. Hope you give it a try.

Swab
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Gun Mutt, thanks for the reply. If I get hurt or don't like it I can blame you.:D Of course, just kidding.

Kamiyama
09-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah, Law Enforcement - Alphabet Law Enforcement training and "due to liability" excuses.. red tape and the vortex of insanity from behind a desk.
Very confusing.
But then again.. my brother is a police officer..

In my opinion from what I saw many years ago Robert Bussey was a wonderful effective martial artist. I always respected him from what I saw on film.. that was well over 10 years ago. I liked his yelling and growling a lot! Not to many people express themselves like he did. Self express is awesome..

One thing.. There is no such Japanese or other wise historical system or historical battle proven system as American Ninjutsu.. funny.
Kind of a made of deal..
I always wondered why he called it that when it wasn't a honest Japanese or other wise historical system?

Funny.. Japanese Smoky Mountain Indian combat training.. doesn't ring my bell..

I would enjoy seeing some of his current stuff too. Does anyone know where to find some footage?

Well I assume it is a vortex.. this search for the 'truth'..

Ralph
DMTTofD

paknheat
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I would'nt care what it was called as long as it worked.

Kamiyama
09-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes, I agree.. as long as it works.. wonderful. I believe this is the quest of all 'seekers' of the truth. The question would be does it work and how do you know?

"Does Parker's AMERICAN Kenpo or Gracie BRAZILIAN Jujutsu ring it"? Great point.. Sure it does. But in truth.. regarding the use of a name, to most I understand it doesn't matter, it is a matter of integrity, I would have to agree with that point if my opinion was asked.

Not that it matters and is not really the question on this thread.. but I would like to point out.. there is no such system as "ninjutsu".

Thanks,
Ralph
DMTTofD

Kamiyama
09-21-2009, 10:11 PM
"What else was Bussey supposed to call it? Japanese Boxing"?

My opinion would be to have called it Bussey's Martial Arts or like wise..

For the record.. and to clear this up...
The only system of so called Ninjutsu that has been historically recorded to have been passed down in Japanese history to a soke of modern 'time' is Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu. I'm sure everyone and their friend knows Hatsumi sensei is the soke of that ryuha and is the holder or owner of the system.
I am basically aware of the history of R. Bussey training in Japan and his ranking as well as who he trained with in Japan from what Nagato shihan and Hatsumi sensei has told me.
R. Bussey was awarded ranking by Hatsumi sensei this is well known. His ranking came before the modern organization of what is refereed to as the Bujinkan Dojo.
So, If R. Bussey was awarded a menkyojo in Togakure ryu Ninpo Tajutsu then why not call it Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu?
Hmmmmm?

For the record, Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu is based on a survival system of self-preservation evasion and escape and not so much as a so called fighting system.
The goal was to gain-without-encounter or as many have read what Bruce Lee called it "fighting without fighting".
In my opinion Togakure ryu Ninpo Taijutsu methodology is one of the highest forms of survival system of self-preservation evasion and escape that should be trained seriously by everyone concerned about their freedoms.

Thanks
Ralph
DMTTofD

Benjamin Liu
09-22-2009, 09:32 AM
At least as far back as 1989 (I think it was earlier) Bussey distanced his organization from ninjutsu. He called his system RBWI. Any student mentioning the word "ninjutsu" was quickly corrected and told it was RBWI.

This was at least 20 years ago. Bujinkan people complaining about Bussey using the term "ninjutsu" need to get over it. He taught ninjutsu when he was in the Bujinkan and stopped when he quit.

I remember one thread on a forum where someone asked if Steve Jennum was in the Bujinkan and someone answered that he did not know if Jennum ever had the yellow membership card.:rolleyes: Hardly anyone in the US knew about those cards until the late 1990s.

Kamiyama
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
FYI, These 2 books were put out by someone else that was an American for Hatsumi sensei.

Essence of Ninjutsu by Masaaki Hatsumi (ISBN 0-8092-4724-0)
Ninjutsu: History and Tradition by Masaaki Hatsumi (ISBN 0-86568-027-2)

Ralph
DMTTofD

Taoin
09-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Ash,

I'm much more of a lurker here than a poster, but I thought I would chime in since you are in my neck of the woods.

I know Lance & you cannot go wrong training with him. The Hurricane system is the real deal and Lance has real-world experience applying what he knows in a number of venues. By the same token, if you cannot connect with Lance, I can tell you that Jon Rister and Sonny Puzikas are excellent choices. All these men have "seen the whole elephant" and can get you much of what you need.

If you can get into AMOK! training, don't hesitate to do so. Maybe you can find a way to do some combination of the above.

I live in Frisco by the way; so if you have the desire to get together with someone local to you for an exchange of ideas, hit me up & we'll see if we can put something together. I'm always looking for some like-mided training partners as I'm heading into a high-risk profession myself.

Del

Shdwdncr
09-23-2009, 05:14 PM
...If you can get into AMOK! training, don't hesitate to do so...
AMOK! will definitely provide you with excellent tools for your toolbox.

And you're in luck because, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the next AMOK! seminar in the Central Texas area will be in Killeen the weekend of October 10-11th:

See http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=55894

For registration: http://www.edgedweaponsolutions.com/events/events.html

S.

Brian King
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Swab wrote

“Is anyone familiar with Alexander King as a Systema trainer”

Swab
I am not sure about Alex King (I know a lot of practitioners by face only not by name) but thought I should mention that Alex is having Max Franz out for a seminar Oct 24th & 25th.
Info on the seminar (pg 2 of the announcement section)
http://www.russianmartialart.com/main.php?page=afs_announce&pageNum=2&osCsid=eb559efaef93ac9ac52ea73055aa802e (http://www.russianmartialart.com/main.php?page=afs_announce&pageNum=2&osCsid=eb559efaef93ac9ac52ea73055aa802e)

A couple of threads that mention Max here on Warriortalk
http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=54665 (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=54665)
http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=54355 (http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=54355)

Perhaps a good chance to experience some Systema and to meet Alex.

Warmest regards
Brian King

Roadrunner
09-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Ok, thought I'd chime in. My son and I own a small reality based self defense program in north Texas called "Advance Combat Concepts". We serve the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex area.
We teach H2H, blade, bludgeon, and improvised weapons. We don't teach firearms but could probably recommend a class or two.

We mostly teach at your home, office, or facility. Basically personal instructors. Our influences are the combatives, JKD concepts, and some of the concepts and methodology of Richard Dimitri's senshido system www.senshido.com (http://www.senshido.com) and our clinch and ground game are mostly influenced by Mark Hatmaker.

If you have an interest my e-mail is johnchaney19@hotmail.com

I frequently post and contribute at the senshido forum if you want to learn a bit more about us and what we teach and advocate.

Good hunting.:)

Kamiyama
09-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi, Roadrunner.. if you and your son are in the Dallas area why not visit us or have us visit you.. we can do some pondering on training and survival skill sets.

I have left the invitation open to Sonny too.

Because I do not run a business or a school.. I am free to keep class structure void of the non pragmatic training methodology so we can do what ever you like.
We do not use rubber balls, clubbells, kettlebells or weights at the training.. we mainly use Thai pads, Thai shields, focus mitts, sticks, chains, knives, rope, sarong, etc.. hit the concrete rolling falling etc.... get grass stains too on the clothing.. hit and hit and hit some more.. But every thing is good. I have wonderful private property to train on with weaponry as well. So.. we train regularly in firearm stress related shooting too.

We keep away from the law enforcement training.. mainly focused on street fighting, military and survival type of fun..

Take care..
Ralph
DMTTofD

Taoin
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Ash,

Not sure if you are still checking this thread since you haven't posted in a while. Just wanted to give you some additional feedback on a couple of choices you were looking at.

I've been training in Systema under Josh Fabia (and occasionally his partner Alex King) in the Arlington/Colleyville/Irving areas. Josh has a background as an Army Ranger and is a Systema Instructor In Training.

After a couple of months, I can tell you that there is very little fluff in the Systema training that I'm doing. Everything I have done thus far has been geared to surviving under adverse conditions. We've been training indoors, outdoors, in cars, on pavement,cramped spaces, armed/unarmed, slow work, intense resisting work--the whole gamut.

Since you are a CO, you could do a lot worse than checking this out. Other than that, I'll just repeat my opinion that AMOK or Lance will give you a lot of what you need. Training with Sonny (which I also plan to do as my schedule allows) should be high on your list as well.

If you're in N. Dallas ( I think you mentioned), and you're interested in getting together, Josh, Alex & I are thinking of putting together a regular training group in the Plano or Frisco areas. Feel free to PM me if you're interested and I'll update you on the details. Anyone else from WT is, of course, also welcome.

Del

Texas Hurricane
02-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the referral Franco, Taoin, and CCB.
A friend and student's family members are about to be running a center in the Dallas area (used to be the Stars center).
I'll be looking to open some regular training out there when they get settled in.
I'd love to get together with the local and near by WT folks to share some training time.
:)

Shdwdncr
02-25-2010, 03:58 PM
...I'd love to get together with the local and near by WT folks to share some training time.
The Central Texas Warrior Talkers will be getting together on 17 April for some good training.

See http://warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=65360

S.

CaptnCornerBanger
02-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the referral Franco, Taoin, and CCB.
A friend and student's family members are about to be running a center in the Dallas area (used to be the Stars center).
I'll be looking to open some regular training out there when they get settled in.
I'd love to get together with the local and near by WT folks to share some training time.

Lance,

What Stars Center are you refering to? The one in Valley Ranch?

Let me know if you can make it to train with the Central Texas group. I have it on my callender and will try to make it.

RS

Texas Hurricane
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey RS -
Definitely going to make it to the April event if I am not working.
The soon to be additional location (hopefully) is the Bob Knight's Field House (one of Star center complex) in Duncanville/South Dallas.
I'll keep you update and hope to see you in April.