PDA

View Full Version : head butt

bodyguard
05-29-2004, 07:56 AM
this sound maybey a strange question : but how - to head butt ?

what part of your head to use ?

Charles Rives
05-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Use the crown and top of your head against any part of his head that isn't the crown or top. One good way is to lower your forhead to the front of his chest (if you're face to face) and then drive up and forward with the top of your head into is mouth area.

-Chuck

michael
05-29-2004, 10:08 AM
You use the front part of your head; the top of the forehead where it begins to curve. But you might want to look at this, they are hazardous to the user:

www.hockscqc.com/articles/index.htm (http://www.hockscqc.com/articles/index.htm) (scroll about half-way down the page and see "Stand down on the head butts".

georgel
05-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Good stuff on Hock's site. Some of it seems to parallel some of Gabe's thoughts too.

P.D.
05-29-2004, 10:04 PM
The simple answer is the same way you head the ball in football (soccer). The target is usually your opponent's nose. You want your 'hard' against his 'soft' so that it hurts him and not you.

sgtagee555
06-17-2004, 01:28 AM
The simple answer is the same way you head the ball in football (soccer). The target is usually your opponent's nose. You want your 'hard' against his 'soft' so that it hurts him and not you.

I agree with P.D. Look at some training from Paul Vunak or one of his licensed trainers under the banner "Progessive Fighting Systems". The head butt is a prominent part of their training.

JPA

Al Lipscomb
07-11-2004, 07:36 AM
At the TKD school I go to with my wife and kids, people always want to show a SD technique or two. Very often they want to throw in a head butt.

Breaking a pine board is not a huge deal, however, it does give some idea of how hard you need to hit something to hurt it.

So when I got my turn to break a board with a head butt I smashed it good. But for a few seconds the world slowed down.

It is a great technique, but one of last resort.