PDA

View Full Version : Glock Vs Kahr Mk9

BILLYBOB
02-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I finally had a chance to shoot the Kahr MK9. It's a nice pistol but I'm proud to say that I like my Glock 26 a lot more. The MK9 is a little smaller but it just didn't feel right in my hands. The Glock shoots very smoothly and I've never had a jam in it after 3,000 rounds. The MK9 jammed twice while at the range. I put about 200 rounds through it.

However, for CCW purposes, the Kahr is excellent. I put it in my waistband and it definitely hides much better than my G26. So for that reason the Kahr is very recommendable for concealed carry.

For me, the Glock is still at the top of the line regardless of the negative reviews I have read in some of the forums. Definitely try one if you haven't already.

:-)

MACOP
02-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Thought I would add my $02.

I think the G26/27 are the best guns in the Glock lineup.

Roughly the size and weight of a Chiefs Special, the 'old' backup/off duty/concealed carry standard, plus twice the amount of in gun ammo, arguably more powerful ammo, easier reloading, better trigger, and far better sights.

I have a G27, and love it. It is always my first choice if I need a small gun, having 'retired' my S&W 640 to my son.

In fact, I can shoot the G27 about as well as the full size G22.

I have no experiance with the Kahr products, and being so happy with the G27, no desire to change.
It's good to have a plan.
SteveB

BILLYBOB
02-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I agree. I think Glocks are the best handguns out there. I love the G26 especially for its ability to hold 10 rounds in such a small pistol. The subcompact Glocks definitely rule!!!

Thanks for your response Steve. It's good to see someone with the same opinion on Glocks.

BILLYBOB
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Once again, I agree David. I haven't had a chance to shoot the G19 yet but I will definitely try it at the range within the next few weeks. The G27 is next on my list for purchase. A little more kick than my 26 but doesn't bother me that much.

Once again, Glocks Rock & Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACOP
02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
BILLYBOB wrote:

"Thanks for your response Steve. It's good to see someone with the same opinion on Glocks."

Um, perhaps I should say that if I was not required to carry the Glock at work, the only one I would own is the G27.

I may be a heretic, but Glocks are not my favorite brand of gun.

Yes, I own a few, but they are all for work related reasons.

Sorry BILLYBOB, but I prefer other guns first.
SteveB

BILLYBOB
02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Thought I would add my $02.

I think the G26/27 are the best guns in the Glock lineup.

Roughly the size and weight of a Chiefs Special, the 'old' backup/off duty/concealed carry standard, plus twice the amount of in gun ammo, arguably more powerful ammo, easier reloading, better trigger, and far better sights.

I have a G27, and love it. It is always my first choice if I need a small gun, having 'retired' my S&W 640 to my son.

In fact, I can shoot the G27 about as well as the full size G22.

I have no experiance with the Kahr products, and being so happy with the G27, no desire to change.
SteveB

Looking at this post Steve, you would think you wouldn't have any other gun but a Glock. Sorry to misinterprate you. At least you do agree that they are at least one of the better pistols out there.

MACOP
02-11-2004, 02:08 PM
"Sorry to misinterprate you."

BILLYBOB, no big deal.

I just didn't want to be labeled a "Glockaholic":)
SteveB

GLR40
02-16-2004, 03:24 AM
for EDC i normally carry either akahr P9,PM9 or glock 33. it being winter i have been carrying my 33 some, larger mag cap, and a hotter round (a little, maybe)

but as far as accuracy/reliablity/ease of carry, it hard to beat the P9/PM9 (or the .40s). usually carry the P9 as it fits my hand well, in a IWB holster by allessi, and couldnt be happier w/it.

have never liked the steel frame kahrs myself, just too heavy imho, and until i got the kahrs carried the glock 33 or 32 all the time, and liked it as well, but for summer carry when ya are wearing light clothes, the P9/PM9 is very hard to beat imho. the accuracy they exhibit suprises me every single time i use them.

nothing wrong w/a glock though imho, have had great luck w/mine anyway, FWIW, after 3K rounds, no jams except for a rem GS 357SIG w/a bullet seated crooked. not too bad, 1 (one) jam in 3K rounds, and ammo related at that!!!

gr

Avery Goodschott
02-27-2004, 05:00 PM
No complaints about Glock, I simply prefer the "heavy" steel frame of the Kahr MK9 and the Elite trigger. I can put up with 22oz easier than 39oz

This gun is always with me.

And that is what makes it useful.