Default Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting with Randy Harris - Kingsland, GA

I have always been an AR guy but a recent gun trade resulted in me being the owner of a couple of AK designs. Not having much experience with the platform I thought who better to get me up to speed than Randy Harris so off I headed to Kingsland. We had eleven participants in the course with a pretty broad assortment of rifle types and both 5.45 and 7.62 calibers were represented. My gear was a 5.56 Galil with a Midwest rail and RMR, Attack Rack chest rig and a Glock 19RTF in a G-Code thigh rig.

After a safety briefing and handling/familiarization exercises we headed to the range where Randy put us through the wringer. We practiced mulitple positions, getting off the X while firing, weak side transitions, empty rifle transitions to pistol , close contact firing and several manuveur exercises with multiple team members with and without cover.

Everyone ran their weapons well and malfunctions were minimal. My single malfunction was due to operator error . The water breaks were good opportunities to look over some different equipment configurations and I got a lot of good ideas and info. Randy certainly gave me enough info and practice on the AK to give me a new appreciation of the weapon. I'm looking forward to the Advanced AK course now Randy....

I had a great time at this class! Having taken Rifle Fighting Skills twice before this course I was looking forward to advancing my rifle skills and this Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting class taught by Randy this past weekend was just the ticket.

I especially enjoyed the "squad tactics" and two man drills. It would be nice if I had someone here on the homefront to back me up in a two man (person) situation. Gotta admit that I was kinda jealous watching Toyotaman and his wife running these drills! I wish I could get my wife to go beyond just training with her Glock.

My nephew joined me taking this class and had never shot an AK before. With a little of Randy's instruction and some pointers, he picked up handling an AK like a duck takes to water and was making quality shots! I'm sure he will be joining (and out shooting!) me when we get future training opportunities in the area.

The training took place on a new range a short drive from the Oakwell Armory and it is a fantastic location out in the country (no cows on this range!). My only disappointment was that we didn't really get a chance to put the length of this new location to use. I think it's a 500 yard (?) range and we used less than 50 yards of it At a class in Crestview back in March I got to make my first 100 yard shots and that was really a thrill. I would have loved to have been able to work at least a little on some longer range shooting. Hopefully next time...

Anyway, it was a GREAT bunch of folks to train with, we had super weather (altho a tad warm) right up until the final hour and I sure hope some other classes are scheduled there in the near future. (not the weekend of Sept 21st please - nephew's wedding!)

This was my 4th class with Randy instructing and I couldn't possibly give praise (or thanks) enough to to convey my appreciation of his knowledge and teaching methods regarding firearm information and usage. If he comes to your area, I don't care what course he is offering, sign up for it! I know I will.
    Domari Nolo

Thanks guys as soon as I get back in the US I'll get some pics up from class.

Rockhound, you have done a lot of work and it shows. GOOD SHOOTING.

WilliG, excellent shooting...as usual.

Toyotaman, you don't know how lucky you are to be able do do a class like this WITH your wife. There is extra added value there that goes a long way IF anything ever happens and you two NEED to be able to operate together. Proud of both of you!

Gotta run.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

The pics I promised.....................class pics 066.jpg.class pics 064.JPG.class pics 073.JPG
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

And it is always good to have a friend to lend a helping hand...

class pics 094.jpg
    class pics 098.jpg
    class pics 099.JPG
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

And the families that slay together..........

class pics 102.JPG
    class pics 103.JPG
    class pics 101.JPG
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

And to our host, you're the MAN. I hope I'm still out putting in the work when I'm your age. Good show!

class pics 046.JPGclass pics 054.JPGclass pics 055.JPG
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE