SI 2014 Training
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's nice. 8x is a bit much for the objective lens size in low light and for head position. The 8x erector technology is what makes these things so pricey. There are more than a few of these sitting on top of SCAR 17s running around doing good work. While it's great for it's intended use, I was as impressed, if not more impressed, with the Mark6 1-6x leupy, at one third the price, or less. I think when you are dealing with a straight tube optic, the last 2x magnification to get to 8x is stretching it, and the reticle in the Mark 6 seems to be more "general" where the CQBSS reticle is more biased for longer range employment. I haven't run them side by side or anything, so take that with a grain of salt...just my initial observations from playing with them. I think the CQBSS would have been awesome as a DMR optic if they made it with a 32mm obj, but I'm not an optics engineer, and it apparently works well.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

I have a 2-8 mark 4 TMR with a red dot mounted at 1o/c, it works well for me. I do point shoot with it at 5 yards and in on torso targets. The red dot is used at 3-10 yards and 2 power over 10 yards. With 8 power on a 556 I no problems out to 800 yards. I only have $2200 in the whole weapon system.
    Scott Vandiver
    SI Staff Instructor, Atlanta GA
    NRA SR Training Counselor
    Utah TN FL CCW Instructor
    www.centerfiretraining.com

Grey Man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    F!!!!!! A bro........
    you might want to add a comma in there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123