SI 2014 Training
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense are the big three that won't steer you wrong and all are synonymous with quality. Choice is a subjective thing when considering among these three.

I really liked my BCM. I have liked everything I have seen from DD also. I like the midlength gas system and it pretty much rules out Colt, which are fine rifles. You can get a BCM or DD with midlength gas system and a lightweight barrel, which I think is the perfect setup. If and when I get another AR, it be one of those two brands. I flip-flop between them and favor BCM right now, but will probably favor DD tomorrow. Good luck with your choice.

I was faced with this same decision about 6 mos. ago and decided on the BCM mid 16 with lw chf barrel. I have never owned a colt but i can say i am extremely happy with my BCM. I have a couple thousand rds so far and it has been flawless. Also i think you get a few more extras for the $ with the BCM over the Colt.

What a difference a few weeks makes...

After weighing many options, doing more research and evaluating my present stable of AR's, I'd decided to sell my unfired RRA, sell and or swap some of my other stuff at the upper- or lower-half level, and look for a LW mid-length from either BCM, Spikes or DD. I also felt pretty good about Stag's P+ packages, even though I knew I'd be relegated to an M4 configuration.

End result:
    Primary- A Spikes Tactical 14.5" LW Middy on top of one of their Punisher MOE/CTR lowers, w/ an Aimpoint H1 micro topping it off.

Secondary- A Stag SBR-T 14.5" P+ package on top of a Stag factory lower. Wearing either a Burris AR-332 or a Burris XTR-135, depending on which way I want to roll.

Both are brand new; both have standard F-marked front sight posts and ARMS #40 rear BUIS. Both are 1:7 twist.

The bad news is, now I need another project.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol
    TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4

Oh, yeah, and somehow during all of this, I ended up w/ an extra Stag M2 that I'm gonna have to find a new home for...
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol
    TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12